Yankees 2024 Season

Great comeback, great sweep, great west coast road trip. Cortes is lucky Schmidt went down, because he's the one who would lose his starter status if and when Cole returns. Enjoy the day off boys.

To early for that, still 4 more months of baseball.
Yeah it's a nice feat.

Just 2 years ago, we dominated baseball in the first 82 games, almost blew a 12/13 game lead in the 2nd half?

I'm just gonna enjoy each game and start getting into the standing in late August.

To early for that, still 4 more months of baseball.
Yeah it's a nice feat.

Just 2 years ago, we dominated baseball in the first 82 games, almost blew a 12/13 game lead in the 2nd half?

I'm just gonna enjoy each game and start getting into the standing in late August.
FTW, I'm not sure I want best record in the end. You're probably going to have to face the Orioles, in the best of 5, coming off 5 days rest, while they will have already won a series. What kind of advantage is that?

If they win the AL East, but have the second best record amongst division winners, they would face either the worst division winner, or the third wild card (who, right now, has about the same record as Seattle).

The playoff format gives a huge advantage, at least in the LDS, to the 2 seed, IMO.

My solution for next season: Don't resign Rizzo, Judge goes to 1B (athletic enough to learn to play it; easier on his big frame, etc.), Resign Soto for RF, Dominguez in CF, Verdugo in LF.

Back