Yankees 2024 Season

The yankees are left with no other reasonable options other than Reynolds and a bunch of .230 hitters. They try to put a good spin on it by lauding their defensive ability.

The Yankees had difficulty putting the ball in play, advancing the runners, etc. Strike outs were a killer. Now we are preparing to put together a package for a guy who struck out 141 times. I don’t see this as a big improvement.
That's why Beninteni should have been a priority. Look at the contracts around the league, the White Sox did not over pay for him. I know they balked at the 5th year......guess we only pay power hitters and strikeout kings through their late 30s?

That's why Beninteni should have been a priority. Look at the contracts around the league, the White Sox did not over pay for him. I know they balked at the 5th year......guess we only pay power hitters and strikeout kings through their late 30s?
Benintendi was exactly what the team needs

When he got hurt he was hitting well. A solid .300 hitter

Benintendi was exactly what the team needs

When he got hurt he was hitting well. A solid .300 hitter
Although he hit in the .290’s twice, last year was the first time in his career he hit .300 (.304). He hit all of .254 with the Yankees while he was hitting .320 when they got him.

I agree we need other types of hitters who can make constant contact however as I posted when we got him, Benintendi did not “move the needle“ for me.

We hear of rumors out there of while most of those are not impressive either (besides Reynolds who they are not going to pay the price Pittsburgh is asking), there might be someone else out there not on our radar who winds up on the team. We shall see.

Jasson D is ready for primetime. Give the kid a shot!
He’s not ready. Invite to spring training and let him get a taste.

I keep hoping the light switch goes on with Florial, but man does he strikeout a lot also.

Latest rumor I heard had Yanks trading for Trout, he prefers the Phillies but they dont have room in the outfield.

Latest rumor I heard had Yanks trading for Trout, he prefers the Phillies but they dont have room in the outfield.
Terrific. Just in time for the back-half of his contract when he completely falls apart. He would be on the shelf with Stanton for most of the next six years. Trout is already getting hurt a lot. Don't do it. Unless the yanks start spending Mets-like money; then the countract would prevent the yanks from signing that starting pitcher they needs a couple of years from now.

Although he hit in the .290’s twice, last year was the first time in his career he hit .300 (.304). He hit all of .254 with the Yankees while he was hitting .320 when they got him.

I agree we need other types of hitters who can make constant contact however as I posted when we got him, Benintendi did not “move the needle“ for me.

We hear of rumors out there of while most of those are not impressive either (besides Reynolds who they are not going to pay the price Pittsburgh is asking), there might be someone else out there not on our radar who winds up on the team. We shall see.

Benintendi's value was more about on base percentage than batting average. He also provided speed on the base paths and was very good defensively. I just hope we acquire a few players that have his skill set. We have learned you can't win with a roster full of 30-something power hitters.

Benintendi's value was more about on base percentage than batting average. He also provided speed on the base paths and was very good defensively. I just hope we acquire a few players that have his skill set. We have learned you can't win with a roster full of 30-something power hitters.
Don’t disagree with the last sentence but all of Benintend’s numbers, IIRC, all went down when he joined the Yankees except for his strikeouts which fitting with this bunch, went up.

By low balling him prior to the season allowing Judge to bet on himself and end up having a great season costing the Yanks over 100 million dollars.
Whose to say if they came up with a higher number he would have signed? No one knows what his number was back then because it was never made public. When he was offered the original number, how many people considered it to be a low ball offer. I thought it was fair but don’t begrudge anyone who wants to see their value on the open market. Sometimes it pays off (Judge), sometimes it doesn’t.

Finally, Cashman didn’t come up with that number, Steinbrenner and his money people did. Cashman was the bag man.

Back