Yankees 2024 Season

It sure beats adding players that can help the roster. Cashman’s habit is to pad the payroll with Steinbrenner money. Hal is channeling the unnamed owner of the Knicks. Is Isaiah the next hire?

It sure beats adding players that can help the roster. Cashman’s habit is to pad the payroll with Steinbrenner money. Hal is channeling the unnamed owner of the Knicks. Is Isaiah the next hire?
Cashman needs help and bringing in others who have had success to do so is not a bad idea because its not like we have been churning out players from the ground up (minors).

By low balling him prior to the season allowing Judge to bet on himself and end up having a great season costing the Yanks over 100 million dollars.
This line of thought cracks me up. Not that Cashman isn't without fault as a GM, but to blame him for not signing a player who didn't want to sign seems silly to me. They had what, 2-3 weeks to negotiate once the CBA was finalized? Cashman offered him a contract that would have made him the 2nd highest paid position player in the game behind Mike Trout who has been the best player in the game for a decade.

Judge said no. That was his right. He went on to do something only two others in American League history have ever done, hit 60 HR. He made a good bet. It happens. Nobody is at fault. Christ, how do you know Judge signs for any amount? Boras is a very smart man. He knows if the Yankees make an offer in April, no matter what it is, he can likely get more from them in free agency when he can use other offers for leverage. Worst case, some other team will blow past whatever they turned down from the Yankees to make a big splash.

But hey, I'm sure you anti-cashman guys would be the first people on here posting about how "great" a move it was to sign Judge for 10 years 500m in April and then have him miss half the season and hit under .200 in the post season.

Which is it? Is he not signing players to help the roster or padding payroll by overpaying for players?

Montas to undergo shoulder surgery. Figures, who didn‘t see that coming? Spring Training hasn’t even started yet and we have two starting pitchers injured.:mad:

I see no reason why Cabrera cannot be the starting left fielder. I get the arguement of his versatility. If someone needs a day off he can still fill that need and Hicks can fill in left for that day. He

Jasson Dominguez's 109.7 MPH Home Run would have been the hardest hit HR by a player under the age of 21 since...Juan Soto in Game 6 of the 2019 World Series. El Martian has some of the best power you'll see in baseball.
👽

first exhibition game of 2023 season. jasson is the real deal. torres also gettys.

day 2. spring. split squad/
schimdt strikes out 5 in 2 hitless innings. yanks 6th starter?
hicks only yank starter with 3 at bats. showcased?

day 4. spring. yanks lose because of the 12 run rule.
18 different yanks batted. 3 of which will make club but sit on bench.
those 3 managed 2 singles. did not recognize any of yanks 7 shell shocked pitchers.
rays used 19 different batters, trying not to run up the score.

Back