Yankees 2024 Season

The Yankees are slow to give young position players an opportunity. Since it is assumed Peraza will be the shortstop, would they have two in the starting lineup?

Cabrera showed potential even though he was a novice outfielder. He had 4 assists in the outfield And many hustle plays. His minor and major league homer total was around 20. There is your left fielder.

To carry this a step further since balls and strikes will be computerized framing by the catcher to steal strikes will not be done. Higgy is a weak hitting catcher. How about Austin Wells being given an opportunity in spring training. He is a power hitting left handed bat which fills a need.

Matt Carpenter to Padres for 1 year and $12 million guaranteed with a one year player option and could earn a maximum of $21 million over two years if he exercises the player option and all of his salary escalators and incentives are earned.

Because he let Carpenter go???
I'd let Carpenter go for what he signed for and I like him but no way did I think he would get that much guaranteed.

We weren't going to sign anymore high priced free agents so he has to be looking at the trade market. Still waiting for that supposed big move they were working on besides Rondon (although like I said in a basketball thread, this sounds a lot like the big man and the shooter we are always supposed to be getting via transfer and never do.

Daulton Varsho to Blue Jays for their #1 prospect who is a catcher and 28 year old Lourdes Gurriel.

The yankees are left with no other reasonable options other than Reynolds and a bunch of .230 hitters. They try to put a good spin on it by lauding their defensive ability.

The Yankees had difficulty putting the ball in play, advancing the runners, etc. Strike outs were a killer. Now we are preparing to put together a package for a guy who struck out 141 times. I don’t see this as a big improvement.

The yankees are left with no other reasonable options other than Reynolds and a bunch of .230 hitters. They try to put a good spin on it by lauding their defensive ability.

The Yankees had difficulty putting the ball in play, advancing the runners, etc. Strike outs were a killer. Now we are preparing to put together a package for a guy who struck out 141 times. I don’t see this as a big improvement.
They’re such a poorly constructed team

Amazing cashman has a job for life. Judge n bader good Then where else is good
Hoping DJ is healthy

Back