Yankees 2024 Season

I've grown to really dislike Bob Costas ( although he was great doing olympics except when he got that mutant eye thing )
I don't think play-by-play has ever been his strong suit. In terms of studio work, he may be the best there ever was.

In fact, I think he would have been great back in the days when CBS had the whole NCAA Tournament, and they would bounce around between games. He would probably know exactly what game every market was seeing at all times, and would lead you into a game change very well. Of course, he was with NBC then, so that was never an option.

Studly effort by Cole tonight. Bullpen also nails in the game. Stanton continues to be a force in the playoffs. Two bits of good news for today. One is that with Skubal having to pitch Game 5 in Cleveland, if the Tigers advance, he will only pitch twice. Great to be in the ALCS.

The other is no more Costas. What a freaking blight on this series he was. Just. Will. Not. Shut. Up.

Cole looks very sharp through the first four innings, but only being up 1-0 is very nerve-wracking.
Red Hot Stanton leads off the 2nd with a double, and Big Mouth Chisholm strikes out (although the 4th pitch was ball 4) and the Yankees typically die on the vine.

On to the ALCS! Going to enjoy this. Team still has flaws, but gutted out the series win.

Great game by Cole, who pitched like the Ace we need him to be. And once again the bullpen was great.

The Statue was the MVP. I'm convinced my forever criticisms of him led him to this performance. 😂

Did just enough offensively to get by.

Red Hot Stanton leads off the 2nd with a double, and Big Mouth Chisholm strikes out (although the 4th pitch was ball 4) and the Yankees typically die on the vine.
Stop the presses! Stop the presses! Stanton is not dead. Those who had him buried and pushing up daisies can enjoy the crow that they have to eat. :)

No dominant teams this year. I thought Dodgers would be but they are scuffling. Subway Series a real possibility to keep us engaged until SJ starts.

No dominant teams this year. I thought Dodgers would be but they are scuffling. Subway Series a real possibility to keep us engaged until SJ starts.
I hope not. Losing to the Mets (who are a poor matchup for the Yankees) would be the worst, and winning would be more of a relief.

I'd rather lose to Detroit or Cleveland, then get to the World Series, and lose to the Mets. I don't expect many people to agree with that sentiment.

I hope not. Losing to the Mets (who are a poor matchup for the Yankees) would be the worst, and winning would be more of a relief.

I'd rather lose to Detroit or Cleveland, then get to the World Series, and lose to the Mets. I don't expect many people to agree with that sentiment.
I do!

I agree - losing to the Mets is the worst possible outcome (since the Red Sox are nowhere to be seen), But Subway Series would be most entertaining to the tri-city sports crowd.

Back