Yankees 2024 Season

Even though they’re up 2 to 1, doesn’t it feel as though the Yanks are sleepwalking through the playoffs so far? Maybe it’s all the Kansas City walks, but there’s no sizzle to this series.

Yankees just got screwed out of a run there. Looked pretty obvious to me that some of that ball hit by Torres, hit the line. Cabrera would have scored on that, IMO.
It might have been a touch fair, but in typical Yankees fashion, Cabrera should have scored just in the event it was ruled fair. As it was, they would have placed runners at 2nd & 3rd.

A win to live another day.

But 4 hits, and 0 for 6 with RISP (making it something like 3 for 25 in the series). 11 LOB.
Just pathetic. And the Statue had 3 of them, including the game winner. Not a fan, obviously, but this is a loss without him, in all probability.

Judge at .091 in this series. It just keeps getting worse. Great legacy.

Fantastic job by the bullpen all night long. They should all be available for an inning tomorrow night, if need be. Schmidt just couldn't get the 3rd out in the 5th. Did what he had to do to keep it close.

So many easy, empty outs in this lineup.
Happens all the time.

Let's see if our so-called ace can close this out tomorrow night.

It might have been a touch fair, but in typical Yankees fashion, Cabrera should have scored just in the event it was ruled fair. As it was, they would have placed runners at 2nd & 3rd.
But even if he does that, the outfielder probably didn't go for it as soon as it was ruled foul, so that kind of has to work both ways.

If they had overturned it, and said fair, common sense says he scores on that.

Big win last night. Bullpen was outstanding, and Stanton really came through. Say what you want about him - he does show up in the playoffs. Even a stolen base - who knew?

They need a lockdown start from Cole. I have a feeling that Detroit closes out the Guardians today, so you don't want this going back to NY and have the season ride on Carlos Rodon.

Giancarlo comes through big time, without him their season would be over.

Judge will come around, law of averages.

Cole will pitch a gem, again, law of averages.

Cream rises to the top.

Big win last night. Bullpen was outstanding, and Stanton really came through. Say what you want about him - he does show up in the playoffs. Even a stolen base - who knew?

They need a lockdown start from Cole. I have a feeling that Detroit closes out the Guardians today, so you don't want this going back to NY and have the season ride on Carlos Rodon.
I wouldn't let it come down to Rodon.

Gil would start game 5 for me, to be backed up by Schmidt (he only threw 71 pitches yesterday, so he should be able to give me some work. Think of it as an extended throw day).

Clay Holmes has a career postseason ERA of 0.00, in 12 innings pitched. He (and Kahnle) did a great job keeping the game tied at 2 going into the late innings.

The Yankees have an advantage over the Royals (and either likely ALCS oppoenent) in a situation like that, because we have more power in the lineup.

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF
Berti 1B

Kansas City:
Massey 2B
Witt Jr. SS
Pasquantino DH
Perez C
Gurriel 1B
Pham RF
Isbel CF
Garcia 3B

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF
Berti 1B

Kansas City:
Massey 2B
Witt Jr. SS
Pasquantino DH
Perez C
Gurriel 1B
Pham RF
Isbel CF
Garcia 3B
Obviously, I missed one on the KC side.

Melendez playing LF and batting sixth.

Top 6, 2-0. Five strong innings for Cole so far.
Gleyber with clutch RBI single.

Cole looks very sharp through the first four innings, but only being up 1-0 is very nerve-wracking.
2-0, but damn, Soto had a chance to give us alittle cushion.
This is vintage Cole, this is what I expect out of him.

and omggggggggg Judge hit a double, yeah it's possible for him in the post season.

Stanton is coming through, great seeing 3-0

Back