Yankees 2024 Season

We got some shitty hitting..

1st ining 2nd & 3rd no outs and can't score.
4th inning 2nd & 3rd yeah 2 outs but can we get a key 2 out base hit? nahhhhhh not the Yanks.

We needed a 2 run hr from Torres and in the 5th inning our rally is 5 walks.

look at that, not 1 freaking hit, I mean ty KC but wtffffffffffffff

We got some shitty hitting..

1st ining 2nd & 3rd no outs and can't score.
4th inning 2nd & 3rd yeah 2 outs but can we get a key 2 out base hit? nahhhhhh not the Yanks.

We needed a 2 run hr from Torres and in the 5th inning our rally is 5 walks.

look at that, not 1 freaking hit, I mean ty KC but wtffffffffffffff
At least Wells came through with a much needed hit. Judge with another k, not a good post season hitter. Soto is coming through tonight

Costas and Darling are wrong. Jazz was safe (I think).

From the angle behind second base, it looked pretty clearly like Jazz missed the base, and the second baseman missed the initial tag, and then Jazz got his foot in.

They were going from the angle behind Jazz, where it looked like he got the tag, but the CF shot seemed to show that he missed it.

Verdugo came through with a big 2 out RBI single, was really nice seeing a Yankee get a key 2 out hit.

Our pen shut it down which was great.

Really want Mondays game.

Not a lot of style points tonight, and the hitting with runners in scoring position was positively atrocious, but a win is a win. Need a big start from Rodon to keep it going. Also need Judge to wake up. But, 1-0 is a good way to end the day.

Aaron Judge and The Statue, Stanton, need to be better. Judge is ruining his legacy with these horrible postseasons. An overall .200 hitter. Not going to cut it for me. The postseason is when great players are anointed.

Nice games for Verdugo, Soto, Torres, Wells, Chisholm and Cabrera. Cabrera had a nice game defensively, as did Verdugo and Soto's throw.

Good job for the bullpen, although I am not a big fan of Hill.

Why was Cole only in for 80 pitches? It's the postseason and he's the ace.

I thought it was a mistake to have the infield in after the Volpe error.

Boone scares me on both these decisions.

2 for 13 with RISP continues to be a problem and issue with this team. Things would be so much easier for this team if they were better with RISP.

Critical win though. Especially with Cole on the mound. Don't like the pitching matchups the next 2 games.

Kansas City:
Garcia 3B
Witt Jr. SS
Pasquantino DH
Perez C
Gurriel 1B
Massey 2B
Pham LF
Renfroe RF
Hampsom CF

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF
Berti 1B

This team just cannot string hits together to put a large rally or big comeback together. It's always about the hitting with this team in the playoffs. 8 LOB and 1 for 6 with RISP. 3 for 19 in the series.

The Statue is such a waste. Anything on the ground is generally an out or double play with runners on. Judge needs to get it in gear. He's showing once again how small a star he is in the playoffs.

Took a lead tonight and gave it right back, rather quickly.

I said the other day that I did not think the pitching matchups favored the Yankees in games 2 and 3. Really concerned about Wednesday with Lugo.

Going to need a strong Cole game on Thursday to send the series back to the Bronx.

Chisholm said the Royals were lucky all night. WTF? Learn to be in the right position on a cutoff before you call the team that hits and pitches better than your team, lucky. Just a stupid comment.

Plus it seemed like every player made excuses for this loss.

I also said the other day the Yankees would not survive this series. Nothing I have seen is changing my mind at this point.

Disappointing night at the ballpark.

Last edited:
Only the Yankee lineup today, because I'm doing this on the phone:

Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Volpe SS
Cabrera 1B
Verdugo LF