Yankees 2024 Season

Another in a long line of sloppy losses under Boone's reign. Horrible fielding, horrible pitching, can't defend against the running game. 4 and 8 vs. the Orioles for the season.

Orioles came in as a flat, dead team, and now the Yanks have given them life, with Burnes up tomorrow night. Looking like a sweep for the upbeat Orioles, and now the weekend matters.

This is typical Yankees screwing around with a player. Dominguez is a centerfielder, nothing more. But he has to catch these balls he's missing. I can see Boone subbing Verdugo late in a game for him, and Verdugo refusing to go in. Something to watch. Soto struggling in RF as well.

This fundamentally poor team will never win anything under Boone. So sick of the same shit year after year with Boone. His postgame comments are so much bullshit.

To make matters worse, Burnes pitches tomorrow night for Baltimore, and he twice shut out the red-hot Tigers over 7 innings in his last two starts. I'd say we need a big game from Cole tomorrow, but even that might not be good enough.

We may have to wait until this weekend to clinch, and then we better do it on Friday, because the Pirates are pitching Paul Skenes on Saturday, and you can't like our chances in that. Meanwhile, Baltimore gets to play fading Minnesota over the weekend.

Obviously, I'm painting a worst-case scenario here, but it's not that far-fetched to think that the AL East could go down to Sunday.

To make matters worse, Burnes pitches tomorrow night for Baltimore, and he twice shut out the red-hot Tigers over 7 innings in his last two starts. I'd say we need a big game from Cole tomorrow, but even that might not be good enough.

We may have to wait until this weekend to clinch, and then we better do it on Friday, because the Pirates are pitching Paul Skenes on Saturday, and you can't like our chances in that. Meanwhile, Baltimore gets to play fading Minnesota over the weekend.

Obviously, I'm painting a worst-case scenario here, but it's not that far-fetched to think that the AL East could go down to Sunday.
I'm with you. That's why I thought game 1 was key. Typical Yankees.

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Westburg 2B
Santander RF
Cowser LF
Rutschman DH
O'Hearn 1B
Urias 3B
Mullins CF
McCann C

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Dominguez LF
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by YES Network

AL Eastern Division Champs!

And that's the way to put an exclamation point on the first step on getting to and hopefully winning a World Series!!

My favorite Yankee, the Statue, Stanton with the big hits tonight, backing a great start by Cole, who was certainly Ace-like.

This team has the personnel to win it all. But will they? Even this game was tight until they took Burnes out early.

And that's the way to put an exclamation point on the first step on getting to and hopefully winning a World Series!!

My favorite Yankee, the Statue, Stanton with the big hits tonight, backing a great start by Cole, who was certainly Ace-like.

This team has the personnel to win it all. But will they? Even this game was tight until they took Burnes out early.
We don't know, and that's why I'm not getting to excited. Sick of thinking "oh this year we'll do it, then getting bummed out when we fail as usual.

Just win the ALDS and get to the ALCS and I'll really get into it. Just show me that you'll stick around for awhile.

Back