Yankees 2024 Season

A laugher! Don't see many of those.

Absolutely complete win. Pitching, power, baserunning, defense, long ABs, etc.

Let's get the sweep this afternoon. One step at a time.

Even Stanton's homer was one that was big.

I have been critical of yanks sticks, base running, and allowing too many successful steal attempts .
but watching the last 2 yankee opponents, what did i see - poor sticks, bad base running, multiple stolen bases.
the yanks are 2nd in beisbal in runs per game.
maybe the quality of beisbal has fallen. where have you gone joe d?

Business-like win, and road trip. I figured they'd be flat today, and Gil didn't help matters with the walks, etc. I hope the playoff stage is not too big for him.

Torres continues to do a nice job in the leadoff spot.

The Captain keeps bombing.

Let's get this thing done Tuesday night.

Magic number for best record in the AL is 3, over Cleveland. Betcha the Guardians regret going "only" 8-5 against the White Sox this year, and they had to sweep the last 3 game against them to get to that point.

Tie clinched for the AL East title. Dominguez hit the ball hard in all of his at bats yesterday, which was great to see. Judge is the AL MVP without a doubt. With how the Guardians have been struggling of late, the Yanks are on track to have home field in the AL playoffs. Who would have thought this a month ago?

Nice seeing them playing great ball now, continue that in the postseason and we'll go far.

Not getting my hopes up though.
Since it looks like we're getting a bye, I worry about the offense sitting around for five days. Easy for the timing to be thrown off.

Also, with the way the ALDS is structured this year, the Wild Card team can come back with their ace in game 2 of the ALDS, so game 1 is vital to the bye team.

The offense needs to be ready, but it's not easy.

Since it looks like we're getting a bye, I worry about the offense sitting around for five days. Easy for the timing to be thrown off.

Also, with the way the ALDS is structured this year, the Wild Card team can come back with their ace in game 2 of the ALDS, so game 1 is vital to the bye team.

The offense needs to be ready, but it's not easy.
I would keep the AAA team around and together (their season ended yesterday), and have the Yankees face them in multiple games to at least have them in game like conditions (rather than simulated games).

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Rutschman C
Santander RF
Cowser LF
Westburg 2B
O'Hearn 1B
Kjerstad DH
Urias 3B
Mullins CF

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm, Jr. 3B
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF

Verdugo has good numbers vs. Kramer. 7-for-22 (.318) with 2 home runs. That's probably why they're starting him tonight.

Last edited:
Back