Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Dominguez LF
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS
Refsnyder was a very late scratch for Boston, so that lineup is not accurate.

Another tense extra inning win tonight. Always great to beat those crybabies from Beantown. O's didn't play tonight, so the AL East lead is up to 2 full games.

Great job by the pitching tonight, especially Clay Holmes! I don't know if the stats back me up, but when he goes back-to-back, he usually looks better on the second day. Maybe it's because he throws a sinker. He might be too strong when he's rested, and the ball gets to the plate too quickly (although he was up there tonight, velocity-wise).

Judge was only 1 for 4, but I thought these were the best swings he's had in two weeks. For the first time in a while, he showed signs of coming around, tonight.

Last edited:
Nice win with contributions across the board, especially from the bullpen, as was stated previously. A healthy Hamilton is a welcome sight.

Interesting how the last 2 nights Berti replaced Torres on the bases.

Volpe with a tough night leaving a bunch of runners on. What was Chisholm doing on the pickoff at 1B? Stanton is a waste.

Jansen continues to be a Yankees killer. But the Yankees pitchers did a great job on Devers.

Agree wholeheartedly that Judge looked good at the plate tonight.

Let's keep it going.

Last edited:
Holmes threw 6 pitches. I will hold off on announcing him as my playoff closer.
The more I watch Holmes, the more I think he might be better as a starter.

He could be one of those guys who, if he can survive the first inning, might give you a good game. He seems to do better on the second day of back-to-backs, so maybe he would get better as a game went along.

So my crew had a football game at 7 tonight, then went to a diner to eat.

Checked the score and saw the Yanks were down 2-0, then 4-0 thanks to the waste, Leiter.

Put the phone away, and then one of my crew members gets an alert that Judge homered. Decided to check the score and saw that it was a grand slam, and that the Yankees were up 1. A grand slam. Unbelievable!!!!

Put the phone away, and eventually saw that Weaver shut things down. Great win, especially with the Orioles losing!

Going to bed now. Have 2 more football games tomorrow.

Can't imagine that Weaver is available tonight after a two inning effort last night. Huge homer by Judge. They need to make this one today a comfortable margin - I would think that Hamilton is the end of game option today?

The intentional walk with no one on base to Devers was awful - do not know whether that was a Cole decision, or one from the dugout. Whichever it is, you can't play scared - it was 1-0 Yankees at the time, and all Devers could do would be to tie the game at worst......in the fourth inning. Things went off the rails after the walk, hence the result. Offense still looks like it's stuck in the mud. Need a much better effort tomorrow in the series clincher.

I hate games like this.

After 3 exciting, scintillating wins, we got a shit show this afternoon. Back to horrible baserunning by Verdugo and Chisholm, and then the pathetic decision to intentionally walk Devers.

If you're the ace of a team, and one of the best pitchers in baseball, you can't do that. In my eyes, he quit. So much over analysis by Cole. Shows Boone does not have control of that aspect. He's the manager and should have overruled Cole. Cole lost total focus after that situation, and the Yankees lost a golden opportunity to take control of this series. I'm sorry, but in all the years of watching baseball and the Yankees, this is the worst pitcher decision I have ever seen. Watching this take place was sickening to me. I can't imagine not competing and going after the hitter (who has been struggling) in that situation. Cole outsmarted himself, and now I wonder how this affects him going forward. Already competitors are saying it shows a sense of weakness on his part. He's also put his teammates in an awkward position having to answer questions about this ridiculous situation.

Cole failed today, but Boone and Blake failed him in this situation as well.

I hate Devers like any diehard Yankees fan, but he's not the greatest hitter ever, so pitch to him.

Back