Yankees 2024 Season

Thanks to great pitching today, Yanks eek out a win.

Bats are terrible. Allowed another no name pitcher to keep them in tow.

They run the bases so poorly. Even Volpe. Case in point. He's on first late in the game. Verdugo singles to right towards the line and Volpe only gets to second with 2 outs. I just don't get it.

It's hilarious to hear Boone say that it will be a revolving door of closers, "because we have such great pitchers in the bullpen". Where has he been the last 4 weeks watching this bullpen? Yikes.

Anyway, good start to the weekend.

They run the bases so poorly. Even Volpe. Case in point. He's on first late in the game. Verdugo singles to right towards the line and Volpe only gets to second with 2 outs. I just don't get it.
Rojas is a horrible third base coach. Sometimes he gives bad sends, but most of the time, my issue is that he is too passive. A lot of times, he doesn't let guys go for the extra base, when I think they would make it easily.

Like I've said, I really believe that the fundamentals with this team, went out the door when Carlos Mendoza left. He was likely the strategist on the bench, too. Look at what's going on across town, right now, and thet don't have many superstars.

Mendoza was going to leave to be a manager, so nothing the Yankees could do about that. However, if Boone is back next year, they need someone with similar qualities to Mendoza, to help out in the dugout. I'd be lying if I said I knew who that person was.

Name one team in baseball who isn’t flawed? There is no clear cut stands well above team in baseball. It will come down to who masks there flaws better at the right time and who get’s hot. I know the Yankees are extremely frustrating but the Orioles fans have been feeling the same way about their team.

I hope we get hot at the right time but there performance since June leaves extreme doubt.
I noted in my post that this is the season where there is no great team in MLB. But, this team is below average defensively, extremely poor in the bullpen, doesn't hit left handed pitching well, and is operating at a deficit at the manager position.

Yes, the Orioles have issues as well. So do the Guardians, Royals, Twins and Astros. But, I think the Yankee flaws are such that they can't win multiple rounds in the playoffs. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm not optimistic.

I double and triple checked yesterdays game to see if i was watching the live yank game.
my clue was the yanks have not played the cubs in chicago in 6 years.
so when i saw rizzo in pinstripes, i knew it was the right game.
a further clue was soto playing. 6 years ago he was in middle school.

full disclosure, i only saw the first 4 1/2 innings.
I left for my weekly friday flag waving event.

bravo gil, the pen, $99, and wells.
cubs got one hit. one hit. one hit.

I double and triple checked yesterdays game to see if i was watching the live yank game.
my clue was the yanks have not played the cubs in chicago in 6 years.
so when i saw rizzo in pinstripes, i knew it was the right game.
a further clue was soto playing. 6 years ago he was in middle school.

full disclosure, i only saw the first 4 1/2 innings.
I left for my weekly friday flag waving event.

bravo gil, the pen, $99, and wells.
cubs got one hit. one hit. one hit.
BTW if you see the Jets with Joe Namath at QB beat the Colts to win the Super Bowl I just want to alert you to the fact that it is a replay. 🤪😊

in the long and storied history of the yanks/cubs, todays game has a first. it was the first time the yanks won and had 2 or more stolen bases than the cubs and had 2 less caught stealing than the cubs.
I will watch the replay tonight to confirm the yanks victory.
did I mention that cashmans/boonies yanks are in first place?

Rays beat the O's, moving the Yankees in to first by half a game, with one less loss.

It was the 82nd victory, which clinches the Yankees 32nd straight winning regular season record. That is #2 all-time in the major North American pro sports, behind only themselves. The Yankees did it 39 straight years between 1926-64.

Rays beat the O's, moving the Yankees in to first by half a game, with one less loss.

It was the 82nd victory, which clinches the Yankees 32nd straight winning regular season record. That is #2 all-time in the major North American pro sports, behind only themselves. The Yankees did it 39 straight years between 1926-64.
Thank you boonie
cash man hal

Another nice win, thanks to great pitching by Schmidt and Cortes.

But, man, the hitting is atrocious. Another no name pitcher shut them down today. 0 for 7 with RISP. How can this team possibly make it through multiple rounds of the playoffs with such unproductive hitters?

Can the ace deliver a sweep today?

Another nice win, thanks to great pitching by Schmidt and Cortes.

But, man, the hitting is atrocious. Another no name pitcher shut them down today. 0 for 7 with RISP. How can this team possibly make it through multiple rounds of the playoffs with such unproductive hitters?

Can the ace deliver a sweep today?
He may not be a "name", but Assad (yesterday's starter) has actually been very good for them. A 3.14 ERA in 131 2/3 innings is nothing to sneeze at.

Last year, bouncing between starting and relief, he had a 3.05 ERA in 109 1/3 innings.

At 27 years old, he's not a kid, but maybe he's one of those late bloomers.

Last edited:
Was in attendance the last two games. On Saturday, the wind was really blowing in, and prevented at least three Yankee batted balls from being home runs. Today, the weather was perfect, so no issue there. The pitching was excellent this series - no earned runs allowed in the three games. Frankly, it should have been a sweep, but Torres had to boot a ball in the first inning that led to the two runs today, and ultimately cost them the game. Cole deserved better.

The offense isn't exactly firing on all cylinders, and needs to step it up. Looks like the division title will come right down to the last series of the year.

Typical up and down Yanks. Had a bit of momentum, but the hitting up and down the lineup continues to be horrible. 1 for 8 with RISP. This team will never survive the playoffs with their performance in that area.

Torres back to his old tricks. Wouldn't be a Yankees loss without a Torres error.

Soto seems to be in a bit of a funk right now.

Another good pitching outing wasted.

I know it's a marathon and not a sprint, but I never get the impression Boone is too upset with these momentum killing losses.

Back