Yankees 2024 Season

yes yanks are near top of al east.
but it seems yanks are in midst of a biblical collapse.
i keep whistling the tune - eve of destruction.
Eve of Destruction, written by P.F. Sloan, one of the founders of The Grassroots, who also wrote the Johnny Rivers hit, “Secret Agent Man”.
Great music trivia fact, Sloan sang the falsetto part of the Jan and Dean hit recording of “The Little Old Lady From Pasadena”. Just another gushing fountain of useless but interesting (to me) information.

oh my God. I am. I am so kornfused. thanks.
Did Holmes come through and save the game in replay? 🤪 Every time I watch Yogi Berra meander back to the left field wall in Forbes Field in Pittsburgh in the bottom of the ninth in game 7 following Bill Mazeraski’s fly ball that goes over the wall for a series winning homer I hope he catches it this time. 😊😂

right now I am on page 98 of jon pessan's biography "yogi". this section is about l peter b's first year with the yankees. yogi playing right field. yanks believe berras future is as a catcher, but needs a lot more work as a catcher. berra can handle rf as berra is fast and has a very strong arm. in one game berra has a mild collision with joe d in the outfield. berra is upset because berra believes the yanks will send him down to the minors as he brushed up against the legend. at the post game presser, joe d said it was a non issue.
when i get to the pirate game, I will pass on the results.

Cashman is worse then Boone, all Boone could do is put in the guys that Cashman got him in the pen, and unfortunately they all aren't very good.
Even Kahnle is shaky. Cashman needs to go, but if he's back then my heart won't be into it next year. It isn't this year, everytime that pen blows a game, I just laugh like with Holmes giving up the Grand Slam. Better than getting pissed.

Reminder, that today is an afternoon game (Wrigley Field) at 2:20 pm, which is the starting time for all three games this weekend.

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF

Cubs:
Happ LF
Busch 1B
Suzuki DH
Bellinger RF
Parades 3B
Hoerner 2B
Swanson SS
Crow-Armstrong CF
Amaya C

Lookit, this team is way to flawed to win anything, even with this being the season of no really great team in MLB. Their fielding is not very good, the starters have issues with providing length in starts, and there is not one lockdown reliever in the bullpen. The roster isn't talented enough to overcome Boone. It will not end well this year, and we can only hope that it means the end of Boone and Cashman.

But, being that Hal doesn't seem to care about winning baseball, I would expect a contract extension for Boone and emeritus status for Cashman.
Name one team in baseball who isn’t flawed? There is no clear cut stands well above team in baseball. It will come down to who masks there flaws better at the right time and who get’s hot. I know the Yankees are extremely frustrating but the Orioles fans have been feeling the same way about their team.

I hope we get hot at the right time but there performance since June leaves extreme doubt.

Where is the discipline on this team? Eovaldi walks 2 and Chisholm swings at the 1st pitch and flies out to right. Terrible.
That is baseball today, not just the Yankees. The thinking, he walks two, he has to come in with a fastball so they are swinging and not just taking which also leads to them swinging at it even if it is not where they wanted it.

Reminder, that today is an afternoon game (Wrigley Field) at 2:20 pm, which is the starting time for all three games this weekend.

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF

Cubs:
Happ LF
Busch 1B
Suzuki DH
Bellinger RF
Parades 3B
Hoerner 2B
Swanson SS
Crow-Armstrong CF
Amaya C
Thanks for the reminder. I would not have gotten to see it if it was a night game as I have plans but I should be able to see it now.

Gil, Cousins, Kahnle, and Weaver combine on a 1-hitter, for a 3-0 victory!

Maybe not a good omen, though. In the Yankees previous 11 series (all of which have been 3 games) the team that won the first game (whether it's the Yankees or the other team) has gone on to lose 8 of those series. Still, you can't play to that. Need to take care of business, and that was done today.

Yankees clinch at least a .500 regular season record for the 32nd straight year. The next win (I'll go out on a limb and say they will get one between now and the end of the season) will make it 32 straight winning regular season records.

Orioles host the Rays this weekend. They have an interesting schedule the rest of the way. Taking aside the three game series against us (and we're far from great, right now), they don't play any great teams for the rest of the season, but they don't play anyone really bad, either.

Back