Yankees 2024 Season

I'm not sure I have the words to describe this f*cking loss, and the weekend series loss to yet another mediocre team.

You could tell from the get go that Cortes did not have it today. Even the outs were hard hit. Boone said Cortes pitched with some bad luck? WTF?? Then the bullpen absolutely implodes after making their way back into the game. I have said Kahnle is a one trick pony with the changeup. Was the plan in this series to let the Cardinals hit every off speed strike for a double or homer? Who made up the pitching plan for this staff? Horrible advance scouting.

Once again, this fundamentally pathetic team made one mistake after another. I counted at least 9 critical ones. How the hell does Boone not get killed for this? He doesn't seem anywhere near as concerned as the fan base. As always, he gets a pass. It has gotten worse every year on his watch!! Horrible plays by Volpe, Verdugo, Bickford and obviously Soto. Soto was just atrocious. Defensive positioning maybe?

Judge continues his funk. It's 6 or 7 games now. When it happens in the playoffs, he will never be considered in the same regard as those that have succeeded in the playoffs before him.

A struggling offensive team awaits the Yankees on the Rangers. They are averaging less runs than every MLB team with the exception of the awful White Sox. You can be sure they'll get healthy against this current, atrocious pitching staff.

Not one player and the Idiot Boone seem concerned about their poor play. Well, their poor play is about to put them in 2nd place.

Let's see if our ace shoes up tomorrow night.

if you had the yanks plus 6, you lost.
I was spared this agita laced game as i went to a sinatra tribute.
good news - rizzo is back and stanton is staying hot.
bad news - where the heck is the martian and the pitchers ?
did the minor league coach say marinaccio instead of martian?

Wells was the only Yankees starter not to get a hit in the game, and Rizzo was the only one not to score a run (and he had a big 2 run double, himself).

Only 5 runners left on base, in an 8 run performance.

Tough to lose when you get performances up and down the lineup like that.

Back