Yankees 2024 Season

I figured the inning was over when I saw him come out of the dugout to PH. Credit to him. He missed a game tying grand slam by a few feet.

I don't profess to be an expert on the pitch clock. But that strikeout of Cabrera in the bottom of the ninth was ridiculous. He was ready to get into the battery's box, while the pitcher was coming to the mound. Just a BS call.

Meanwhile, it's happened twice this year to Cabrera now this season. Why haven't the Yankees fixed this?

Last edited:
Can't keep losing to these mediocre teams.

Yankees defense really sucks. Volpe with a double clutch on a double play. The bad throw by Wells, a foul pop-up that was not played by Rice, even though it didn't hurt them. Just a terrible fundamental team, all the time. All on Boone's watch.

Never want to see Warren again. Get Gil, Schmidt or Poteet need to pitch in his spot the next time on the rotation.

Leiter has not been very good since he was traded here.

Of course, Boone will talk about how they battled late. But they did little against a starting pitcher who has really struggled his last 3 outings. Typical Yankees.

Bottom 3 datters were 1 for 11 today. Not going to get it done.

Last edited:
Met fan, but not at all a Yankee hater. They have the 4th best record in baseball, best in AL. One game behind Philly and the Brewers for 2nd best, 3 behind the Dodgers for best.
I get being a whacked out fan, I am one myself. Two cents from afar, Yankees are not perfect but they are pretty damn good to say the least.

And the Orioles lose. Yanks have blown every opportunity to extend their lead, and they have not. It will come back to haunt them.
That can't work both ways? We're ahead, so it's the Orioles who have actually blown chances, to this point, anyway.

It's probably going to come down to that series the last week.

Last edited:
Both the Yankees and O’s have failed to capitalize on each others poor results. Both could easily be up 5 games.

Also, Dominguez was not called up today. Very puzzling considering Verdugo has been struggling mightily.

My father always said to be concerned about myself, not the other kids. So I always see it from a Yankees perspective.
Real life is a little different than baseball, IMO. I really want to know where my opponents are in the standings, relative to ourselves. It would navigate almost every move I would make, especially the in-season ones.

That being said, we could really use the victory today, since the Orioles host the White Sox this week. They have an easier schedule than us in September, but mostly because of that upcoming series. After that, it's pretty even.

Back