Yankees 2024 Season

What a f*cking shame.

As soon as the first runner got on, you knew it was going to be a struggle for Holmes. How do they continue to trot him out there after 10 blown saves, and now 11? Horrific.

Wasted a great outing by Rodon.

Time to DFA DJLM. Zero value. Can't hit, and shits the bed on the groundout. And Boone gives him a pass. Where was Rizzo that inning?

Torres pulls a typical Torres play. And Boone gives him a pass, as usual.

13 more strikeouts tonight.

Texas was averaging 2 and a half runs for a while, only better than the lowly White Sox. The remedy? The Yankees bullpen.

How the hell does idiot Boone think that Holmes was throwing the ball well? In what universe?

Between now and the end of the Red Sux series next week, this team will be 5 games out by then.

Take out Judge, Soto and Cole, this is just a mediocre collection of MLB misfits.

Who else do you want as the closer? Everyone in that pen is garbage, and all Cashman could get at the deadline was the great Mark Leiter.

Done caring about the Yanks until Boone and Cashman are both gone.
Kahnle. He's been terrific, for the most part. You could probably talk me into Cousins, as well.

This team was doing better when they weren't hitting with runners in scoring position. They're at .381 over the last 4 games, and are 1-3.

This game might have turned on Volpe's 2 run single in the 8th. I truly believe, if the score were still 2-1, that he would gone to Rizzo at 1B in the 8th inning (I think Boone was trying to give him a full game off), and he almost certainly makes the play on that first ground ball. After that, who knows what would have happened?

If the season ended right now (which it certainly does not), guess who the Yankees would be playing in the best of 3 wildcard series? That would be our old friends, from Minnesota!

So, after those two easy victories, we'd have all the momentum built up to face an Orioles team in the ALDS, that sat around for five days.

Still enough time left that things can change, but maybe the Yankees benefit in the long run, if they lose the AL East?

FTR, I don't like the bye in baseball. I think it does teams more harm than good, as a general rule.

Lookit, this team is way to flawed to win anything, even with this being the season of no really great team in MLB. Their fielding is not very good, the starters have issues with providing length in starts, and there is not one lockdown reliever in the bullpen. The roster isn't talented enough to overcome Boone. It will not end well this year, and we can only hope that it means the end of Boone and Cashman.

But, being that Hal doesn't seem to care about winning baseball, I would expect a contract extension for Boone and emeritus status for Cashman.

Kahnle. He's been terrific, for the most part. You could probably talk me into Cousins, as well.

This team was doing better when they weren't hitting with runners in scoring position. They're at .381 over the last 4 games, and are 1-3.

This game might have turned on Volpe's 2 run single in the 8th. I truly believe, if the score were still 2-1, that he would gone to Rizzo at 1B in the 8th inning (I think Boone was trying to give him a full game off), and he almost certainly makes the play on that first ground ball. After that, who knows what would have happened?
Kahnle has relatively good numbers, but in my eyes he comes off as a one trick pony with the changeup. I always think the next one is headed out of the ballpark.

Back