Yankees 2024 Season

After that debacle yesterday, winning the series before going west, and getting back to a 3 game lead over the Orioles, was just what this team needed.

Good contributions from so many. Nice start by Rodon.

Now we get to either stay up late for a week, or watch it the next morning.

Would love to get 4 of 6 on this trip before the Orioles come to NY. Need some more help from the Giants and Tigers this week.

BTW, Cora is a cheater and a punk.

full disclosure - missed the game as i went to see a locally written play.

bravo $99. thanks ken for the getty replay of his ballantine blast.
perhaps holmes should stay as middle inning relief.

I am going to have to readjust my thinking about team hitting.
I believe the yankee sticks are too often in the turlet.
but looking at team stats, the yanks are 2nd in beisbal behind arizona in runs per game.
baltimore, in the middle of a 10 game hitting drought, is 2nd in the al.
in 2024 lingo, the yanks lineup is the new murderers row.

Yankees actually have a better road record this season--
Home, 42-33, vs. Away 45-30. Fans spend tons of money to attend games, but the team is not interested to come through for the home crowd. They seem to have the attitude that it's a long season.......

Verdumbgo forgets how many outs there are an advanced only one base from first to second on a bloop base hit to right center with 2 outs.

After tonight's 11-2 win over the Mariners (always a good feeling when the other team has to bring a backup infielder in to pitch), not only does the AL East lead increase to 4 games, but the magic number to officially clinch a playoff spot is 1.

The outcome was very sweet to me as my baby brother. A mariner fan. Was there. A telling graph. Yanks lead the majors in swinging at pitches oUtside the strike zone. Paging Delaware and his favorite the statue.

Just watched the game.

Good start to the road trip. Offense traveled well. Gil not great, but got into and out of trouble.

Home run bats alive. All bats alive with 2 outs against a tough pitcher, Woo. Big hit by Wells with the bases clearing double.

Stroman is no Cortes out of the bullpen. How did he get a save?

How boneheaded was that play by the Mariners trying to steal home with the bases loaded, 2 outs, and a 3-0 count on Turner?

Overall good game from Torres, and of course, the Captain and Soto. Top 3 hitters in the Yankees lineup dominant.

On to the next one.

Great outing by Cole. Superlative defense all night, especially good to see after the dreadful 1st inning in Seattle Thursday night.

Offense still concerns me overall. Way too many holes. Nice night by Volpe.

ketchup
18 sept yanks over seattle 2 to 1
bravo rizzo/cortes///boo holmes again
yanks basically and recently knocked the red sox out of playoffs
now did the same to seattle
oh yeah. thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhe yankees clinch post season spot

19 sept yanks lose to Seattle 3 to 2. seattle has 2 unearned runs,
play of game was stanton up, men on 2nd and 3rd. 1 out.
stanton strikes out swinging on ball very outside and very low. his 3rd k of the game.
the martian makes his 2nd outfield error in 2 games. costing the yanks this game,
I was begging that yanks bring up the martian. poor outfielder hanging on the mendoza liine.

20 sept yanks over oakland 4 to 2.
bravo soto pinch hitting after not starting due to outfield collision
bravo king cole. 9 innings. one run. 1 walk. 7 ks.

Back