Yankees 2024 Season

Stupid base running by Torres.
It's such a part of his game, that I don't even get mad about it anymore. Almost have to expect it, at this point. He's just not a good instinctual player. Gleyber being Gleyber.

But, I also don't think, in that particular situation, that it was wise for Soto to take second. There's two outs, so you're not staying out of the double play, and with first base open, you're probably taking the bat out of Judge’s hands. Then, they bring in the lefty to face Wells.

Now, of course, I would rather have that, then what we got, but the ideal situation would have been first and third two out. I think they would have pitched to Judge, to try and stop the go ahead run from going to second.

Basically, WTF was Torres thinking? 6 times he's been thrown out at home this season, of course, leading the majors. Was having a good night at the plate. Just not a smart player. Boone's excuse was ridiculous.

Flat night. Better get the game tomorrow night, or this gets interesting. Orioles give the Yankees fits.

Schmidt just OK tonight. Bullpen not effective.

Verdugo very frustrating. Stanton an absolute waste.

Boone's pitching decisions were bad tonight. Had a lefty up with Schmidt at a high pitch count, and paid the price with Santander. Then he stays too long with Mayza with a righty ready in the bullpen.

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Westburg 2B
Santander RF
Cowser LF
Mountcastle 1B
O'Hearn DH
Urias 3B
Mullins CF
McCann C

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Dominguez LF
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Westburg 2B
Santander RF
Cowser LF
Mountcastle 1B
O'Hearn DH
Urias 3B
Mullins CF
McCann C

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Wells C
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Dominguez LF
Rizzo 1B
Volpe SS
While watching Mariners - Astros game this afternoon they mentioned Cortes having an MRI on his elbow today. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

7 hits in 2 innings giving up by Marcus. He stinks, we better not see him starting in the postseason.

He belongs in the pen.
That was not his fault. Only one error, but theire easily could have been 2 or 3 more. Most of the hits were on the ground, which is Stroman's game. And, I don't think he fits in the pen at all, for exactly the stat you mentioned. A starter can recover from that, and still give his team a chance. A reliever can't.

This is not going to be popular, but I wouldn't object to a starting outfield, against righties, of Verdugo in LF, Grisham in CF, and Judge in RF, with Soto as the DH. If you're close late, you can go to the big hitters off the bench.

The outfield defense is terrible. So bad, it makes you wonder if they can bring Soto back next year, from a non-monetary standpoint. Dominguez looks like he's only comfortable playing CF. So what will they do, move Judge to LF? Then that puts his strong throwing arm to waist.

I hate to say it, but if they resign Soto, they might have to deal Dominguez. I'm just not sure there's enough room in the outfield for all 3 of these guys, especially since Dominguez seems to only be a centerfielder, Judge is better in rightfield than in center, and Soto is a glorified DH.

That was not his fault. Only one error, but theire easily could have been 2 or 3 more. Most of the hits were on the ground, which is Stroman's game. And, I don't think he fits in the pen at all, for exactly the stat you mentioned. A starter can recover from that, and still give his team a chance. A reliever can't.

This is not going to be popular, but I wouldn't object to a starting outfield, against righties, of Verdugo in LF, Grisham in CF, and Judge in RF, with Soto as the DH. If you're close late, you can go to the big hitters off the bench.

The outfield defense is terrible. So bad, it makes you wonder if they can bring Soto back next year, from a non-monetary standpoint. Dominguez looks like he's only comfortable playing CF. So what will they do, move Judge to LF? Then that puts his strong throwing arm to waist.

I hate to say it, but if they resign Soto, they might have to deal Dominguez. I'm just not sure there's enough room in the outfield for all 3 of these guys, especially since Dominguez seems to only be a centerfielder, Judge is better in rightfield than in center, and Soto is a glorified DH.
Did he recover though?

This is exactly why.

Beat the avg and bad teams, play bad vs. good teams.

Expecting the same ole crap in the post season, but for the best.
We have the best record in baseball against teams over .500 (57-38), but you can keep preaching that false narrative.

Now, they may be counting 6-1 vs Houston when they were struggling early, but then you also have to do things like take 2 victories from the Mets away from that, since they were under .500 when they beat us two games in late June.

We have the best record in baseball against teams over .500 (57-38), but you can keep preaching that false narrative.

Now, they may be counting 6-1 vs Houston when they were struggling early, but then you also have to do things like take 2 victories from the Mets away from that, since they were under .500 when they beat us two games in late June.
Hey, it's begins next Saturday, lets see what they got.

Hope they surprise the crap out of me.

Back