Yankees 2024 Season

Spending the greater part of my summers in the MOST southern part of Jersey, where the Phillies are HUGE (the sports fans down here are more obsessed than NYers), beating the Phillies is SO SWEET.

If I NEVER see another Villanova shirt, hat or flag, I'll be very happy.

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Stanton DH
Chisholm Jr. 3B
Volpe SS
Verdugo LF
LeMahieu 1B
Narvaez C

Phillies:
Schwarber DH
Hayes LF
Harper 1B
Bohm 3B
Castellanos RF
Sosa SS
Wilson 2B
Stubbs C
Rojas CF

Nice moves by Cashman at the deadline. He did not overpay.
Nice wins in Phillies, hopefully the broom is out this afternoon.

Boone with a questionable move again; pinch hitting Stanton for DJ, with the Yanks up going into the last inning. I would have left DJ in for defensive purposes.

it was the greatest come from behind victory in the long and storied rivalry between the yanks and the phillies.
i thought the game was lost when lineup cards were exchanged, and warren was the pitcher.
it seemed that the score was 4 to 1 for 3 hours. damn 3 run homer.
saw torres glove on ebay. highest bid was 4 cents. blew 2 double plays.
there was no bids on torres spikes.
all that jazz - player of the week. although twice jazz recently borrowed torres spikes and goofed..
trent cant hit, but he sure can field.
$99 - bravo - under paid.
cashman is back in contention for executive of year - soto, all that jazz. little Leiter.
one win shy of most wins in beisball.
boonie was hoping for a getty goner and not a dj infield ground out.

This is the Yankees schedule, beginning Friday night, and going through September 1st.

All series are 3 games long:

Toronto
LA Angels
Texas
@White Sox
@Detriot (the last game of the series is the Little Leage Classic in Williamsport PA)
Cleveland
Colorado
@Washington
St. Louis

It's time to make the Orioles pay for not buyring us in AL East race, when we were down.

Baltimore has a much tougher August schedule, especially towards the end of the month.

Spending the greater part of my summers in the MOST southern part of Jersey, where the Phillies are HUGE (the sports fans down here are more obsessed than NYers), beating the Phillies is SO SWEET.

If I NEVER see another Villanova shirt, hat or flag, I'll be very happy.
Agree 1000%! Cant stand Phillies and Eagles or their fans! Live in Delaware and exactly the same! And i spend much time in S Jersey

Unlike most fans, I do believe that Holmes has the proper mental makeup to be a good closer. I just don't believe he has the arsenal to be one.

If a starter has a first inning like Holmes had in the 9th last night, or in the 9th in Baltimore, he can recover for the rest of the game (I know the Yankees did pick him up last night). Even a middle reliever, can be picked up by the next guy.

But, for a closer to be throwing ground balls and not getting strikeouts? You can get big double plays, like he did today, but you also leave yourself vulnerable to losing games on grounders that get through, or are booted.

5 wins in a row on the road against the Red Sux and Fillies. Who would have thunk it with the way this team has been struggling! Great sweep!

Enjoy the day off boys.

Geez, Torres is horrible at the plate and in the field.

Judge had a game that makes you scratch your head. Seems like once every 2 weeks he has a no contact, 4 strikeouts game.

Good swings from The Statue today.

DJLM came up big!

Bullpen bended, but did not break. Cortes needs to drop that hesitation shit. Got out of town while Harper was ice cold.

What a difference these 2 series makes.

Torres is a bum. He definitely cost the Yankees a run there in the first.

Stroman terrible once again against a bunch of no name Jays. Yanks still can't get Guerrero out. Unbelievable.

Bullpen struggling too.

Can't lose to a team like the going nowhere Jays at home, especially.

Back