Yankees 2024 Season

A night in the life of a Yankees fan. 🤣

Had a chance to really make a statement against a quality opponent, and for the 2nd time this year, are failing. Lost 3 of 4 to Orioles earlier.
I have seen teams make statements and totally dominate another team during the season only to see it turn around in the post season. I would put more stock in it statement wise if it was a team that is in our heads i.e. the Astros prior to the beginning of this season. We lost a close game in extras, and we got blown out late in another before winning. We lost a series which if it was the playoffs, would have been managed and played differently starting with the fact that Soto would have been in the lineup and bullpen usage would have been different.

4 innings done. Rodon would be perfect but had to hit the Royal player in the damn foot.

I'd almost want someone to get a hit off me (not that i'd tip my pitches or anything like that), because if that's what ruins the perfect game, it would haunt me for the rest of my life, if I never got one after this game.

4 innings done. Rodon would be perfect but had to hit the Royal player in the damn foot.

I'd almost want someone to get a hit off me (not that i'd tip my pitches or anything like that), because if that's what ruins the perfect game, it would haunt me for the rest of my life, if I never got one after this game.
Hunter Renfore, the ex-Padre, was the guy he hit. X-rays revealed a broken big toe. He'll likely be gone awhile.

Nice win to start off the road trip against a really hot pitcher. Found a way to win without Judge, The Statue, and 2 key pieces in the bullpen.

Trevino with a big 2 out, 2 RBI hit, and DJLM with the safety squeeze bunt. Good defense by the outfield all night long.

Not to mention an outstanding outing by Rodon. What a difference a year makes! Who the heck is Tonkin and what is he doing closing out the game? Great job.

Grisham had his one game homer streak broken.

Unfortunately, the streaking Orioles swept the hapless Rays.

Nice win to start off the road trip against a really hot pitcher. Found a way to win without Judge, The Statue, and 2 key pieces in the bullpen.

Trevino with a big 2 out, 2 RBI hit, and DJLM with the safety squeeze bunt. Good defense by the outfield all night long.

Not to mention an outstanding outing by Rodon. What a difference a year makes! Who the heck is Tonkin and what is he doing closing out the game? Great job.

Grisham had his one game homer streak broken.

Unfortunately, the streaking Orioles swept the hapless Rays.
Tough stretch coming up for the O's, beginning on Tuesday.

Atlanta home, Philly home, Yankees away, Astros away (they're playing better), Cleveland home.

Of course, we don't have it easy over thar stretch, either. In fact, the Yankees schedule is very tough, really, through the end of July. August and September appear to be much softer.

game 68.
bevy of beautiful bunts breaks the taylor swiftles royals
there were more successful bunts in this game than in a mlb sunday.
weird lineup - no judge, nor stanton, nor rizzo but torres the mood batting 3rd and jones in lineup.
dj is better than fine at 1st.
the yanks outfield defense was fantastic. all night long, balls in gap were caught.
for a group of outfielders that have rarely played as a unit - bravo.
bravo for rodon. another fine outing. yanks starters wow.
key play of game was comeback player-of-year, trent, getting hit by pitch and scoring.

game 68.
bevy of beautiful bunts breaks the taylor swiftles royals
there were more successful bunts in this game than in a mlb sunday.
weird lineup - no judge, nor stanton, nor rizzo but torres the mood batting 3rd and jones in lineup.
dj is better than fine at 1st.
the yanks outfield defense was fantastic. all night long, balls in gap were caught.
for a group of outfielders that have rarely played as a unit - bravo.
bravo for rodon. another fine outing. yanks starters wow.
key play of game was comeback player-of-year, trent, getting hit by pitch and scoring.
I always look forward to your recaps, Joe. Hope all is well in Venice!

game 69.
all wells that end wells. 6 zippidy do dah yanks.
looks like the rizz and dj will be platooned at first base.
i wish rizzos stick was half as good as rizzos glove.

Last edited:
Youse guys are always criticizing Torres but I just saw him score all the way from second base on a hit to center field that was bobbled. What astute base running he exhibited not to mention tremendous hustle 🤪

Back