Transfer Portal

One of the courses I took at St Johns that made an impression on me was a Philosophy Course, "Logic", where we were encouraged to think and not just accept things at face value. It is very interesting that he mentioned Soriano who was our most productive player this past season and Traore who in essence was our 13 man, but was always involved, encouraging, and supportive of his teammates. What I believe Pitino was saying to the recruits and the players who have eligibility remaining is that if you bust your ass and can accept the role you are given between 1-13, all is well. If not, this is not the place for you.

In essence, play as hard as Soriano and have the attitude of Traore. This makes perfect sense to me.
Bingo…I definitely think he is prepared to effectively show some the door, but I think there was a message there - “Come Hungry or Go Hiome”

What would some guys think about a white guard from upstate New York who can really shoot and could probably use the Billy Donovan treatment for a year to get into the best shape of his life?

What would some guys think about a white guard from upstate New York who can really shoot and could probably use the Billy Donovan treatment for a year to get into the best shape of his life?
I could be talked into it.

Even though Max Hooper getting tied up against providence still haunts me to a point where I'm weary of the white spot up shooter archetype

He definitely jumped out at me when searching rosters for guys who might want to look elsewhere for their last season.

Pitino’s teams have looked remarkably similar over the years: a bunch of quick smaller guards who could score and defend, a 6’3-6’5 shooter, PFs built like brick sh*thouses, a 6’10-6’11 center with a decent build, and a skilled front court player who could shoot.

Ledlum seems to fit the latter.

I do wonder what the plan is for Stanley is.

Is Nelly better than Stanley, and could he back up both C and PF at the Big East level?
Nelly is much more physical and stronger but Omar is the better and quicker athlete. He played PF at Iona because Sheema was their 7ft center but since his only scoring threat is close to the basket I would use him as a backup to Soriano. Nelly is not an outside shooting threat.

I could be talked into it.

Even though Max Hooper getting tied up against providence still haunts me to a point where I'm weary of the white spot up shooter archetype

Remember that, blowing a 5 point lead late, losing in OT. Hooper out there in crunch time with Rysheed Jordan on the bench.

Nelly is much more physical and stronger but Omar is the better and quicker athlete. He played PF at Iona because Sheema was their 7ft center but since his only scoring threat is close to the basket I would use him as a backup to Soriano. Nelly is not an outside shooting threat.
I don’t see Stanley and Nelly competing for a roster spot. I think Yaxel and Nyiwe would be sacrificed for Nelly. I could actually see Stanley making a big jump under Pitino.

I would be absolutely stunned if any of our commitments besides Gardner are asked to play here.

I don’t see Stanley and Nelly competing for a roster spot. I think Yaxel and Nyiwe would be sacrificed for Nelly. I could actually see Stanley making a big jump under Pitino.

I would be absolutely stunned if any of our commitments besides Gardner are asked to play here.
Nyiwe graduates

I really like Yaxel.
Guess we'll see what RP decides.

Back