Transfer Portal

SJU85 likes fine cigars so he’s got some elitism in his blood he just doesn’t know it yet. But when I bring him up to the top of my ivory tower to look down on all the peasants while eating caviar and lobster then finish it off with his fine cigars I’m fully confident he’s joining the ivory tower club :)
does the "M" in Maher stand for modesty? :) :)

I wish Pinzon the best I liked him he has talent just can’t stay healthy. I will root for him to do well wherever he ends up. Other than Curbelo I don’t have any negative feelings about our players. Curbelo I just think hurt us so much and his behavior was terrible he is the only guy I’ll be happy to see go , but CMA should not have let it get that out of control either.

Had a chance to meet and talk with Pinzon for a good 15 minutes at my tournament on St. John’s . He is a wonderful , humble young man . He loved St. John’s , loved representing the school and the city . I could hear the passion in his voice . He wanted nothing more than to succeed at St. John’s . Sometimes things just don’t work out. I hope he is successful wherever he lands .
All these kids put on a St. John's uniform and agree to represent our favorite team. Unless they did something to tarnish the school's reputation, I will follow their post St. John's careers and hope they do well. All the best in your next stop, Rafael.

We got the coach we all wanted - and he is telling us our roster isn't a roster that can win. By the way, our own eyes told us that for four years running. Some of our kids will be hitting the portal, and judging by the last batch of kids who hit the portal two years ago they will do fine. I wish them well. But in the meantime, I'm happy to let the greatest coach we've ever had pick the roster.
The greatest coach we ever had was named Lapchick. Some of us saw him win with rosters far inferior to what we just had. The only question of character about Coach was could anyone else match the standards he lived by.

One of my all time favorite commercials. The guy who says "Yeah, let's give him the business." and later says "Sing" was a friend of my fathers.

So anyone from last year's team in the portal yet?

My favorite commercial as a kid. The actor who sings went on to a broadway career. Sadly, died of AIDS in the 80s I believe. One of the background actors is recognizable for his role on The Jeffersons

L
If I remember right, Traore was a decently rated recruit coming out of high school.

A good article and a lot about his work ethic. He was a 3 start recruit but was mostly recruited by mid majors but the article said that partly because of a COVID canceled AAU season.

L

A good article and a lot about his work ethic. He was a 3 start recruit but was mostly recruited by mid majors but the article said that partly because of a COVID canceled AAU season.
If Rick likes him and believes he can contribute, that is good enough for me.

Did Iggy pop again?

Could not resist.
Gawd, this guy was a monster in HS, top 40 I think.
I recall being totally pissed at Mullin for not flying to Ireland to visit Iggy's mom, like Coach Mack did---and got him!
Lol.
Havent followed him after Louisville.
Wow he has had some forgettable years.
Very puzzling. Has he been injured?
Anyway, I wish him good luck.

Back