Transfer Portal

hmm... im setting the number of our guys in entering at 4.5...
Gotta think the 3 suspended players are going to look elsewhere (AC, Pinzon, and Muhammad Keita). Posh and Wusu play bulk minutes and David Jones would probably have to sit a year so I’d lean to them staying. Nyiwe, Montez graduating and JS will have a decision on whether or not to go pro. That’s 9. King and Drissa played sparingly but always seemed engaged. I think there is a good chance they return. That leave Store and Stanley, I hope they both return, but who knows. Let’s say each have a 50%/50% chance of staying.

In conclusion, I think 4.5 is a good line.

Gotta think the 3 suspended players are going to look elsewhere (AC, Pinzon, and Muhammad Keita). Posh and Wusu play bulk minutes and David Jones would probably have to sit a year so I’d lean to them staying. Nyiwe, Montez graduating and JS will have a decision on whether or not to go pro. That’s 9. King and Drissa played sparingly but always seemed engaged. I think there is a good chance they return. That leave Store and Stanley, I hope they both return, but who knows. Let’s say each have a 50%/50% chance of staying.

Keita wasn't suspended he had a season ending injury.

I'd be surprised if Drissa stays. They redshirted him last year and he got miniscule minutes this year.

Feels like just yesterday we were talking about Curbelo and Jones in the portal. Season has flown by...can't believe it's portal announcement time again.

Got to think the LuHi 3 are gone...AC, Pinzon and Drissa.

If Storr goes, probably Gardner goes too, but depends on who we bring in. I like Stanley and thought he earned more minutes than he saw.

King didn't show much quickness or penetration...good hustle, fights for rebounds, was less of a negative than AC.

Bottom Line...I want Van and Shoes to stay.

Sorry I mistakenly referred to Diakite as Keita. Getting mixed up with old Jarvis recruiting classes.

Got to think the LuHi 3 are gone...AC, Pinzon and Drissa.

If Storr goes, probably Gardner goes too, but depends on who we bring in. I like Stanley and thought he earned more minutes than he saw.

King didn't show much quickness or penetration...good hustle, fights for rebounds, was less of a negative than AC.

Bottom Line...I want Van and Shoes to stay.

Hard to convince a new coach that he only gets to hire one assistant coach of his own choosing.

I think Fran was forced to keep Ron Rutledge on staff.

Hard to convince a new coach that he only gets to hire one assistant coach of his own choosing.

I think Fran was forced to keep Ron Rutledge on staff.
I highly doubt that new coach is going to go with other coaches from an unsuccessful regime, especially if there are player holdovers. He has to sell these players on a scenario of a fresh start a new day.

Which makes finding a new coach promptly imperative if there is hope of retaining some players. As I’ve mentioned before, hopefully inroads have already been made in such a search and at the very least, within the next two weeks there is a list of interested coaches. And that includes those who are NCAA tourney bound.

Back