Transfer Portal

All these Ivy League guys who can't get a fifth year because the Ivy League decided not to allow it despite the fact that the NCAA awarded everyone a 5th year because of the COVID year are flooding the Portal...

BTW-These players entering the portal now are grad transfers which are not restricted by the window. Next Monday 3/13 is when undergrads can formally enter the portal.
Was wondering how they were entering…thanks for clarifying

The Stanfords and Northwesterns of the college basketball world could really clean up luring the top Ivy guys.
I dunno... they already have the Ivy degree... if their abilities allow them- would think one year at a big State school would be an experience

As Jon Rothstein would say probably going to be a long line for this one. Shot 58% avg 21 pts+ big man. I know he did it a lower level but man those are really good numbers.

Had some nice games against good competition also - 30 vs. Miami, 18 against both Butler & Ohio State and 21 against the Bonnies.

As Jon Rothstein would say probably going to be a long line for this one. Shot 58% avg 21 pts+ big man. I know he did it a lower level but man those are really good numbers.

Jersey guy who went to CBA. How are Shoes' connections there?

Shoes will be looking for work soon unless new coach keeps him in some capacity.
I'm working off the premise that Van and Shoes will be retained for clerical purposes until the replacement is brought in and given a full program debriefing.

Hopefully one or both would dazzle their way out of what was supposed to be an exit interview.

If Van recruited most of the team (did he?), then hopefully new guy thinks long and hard about retention

I'm working off the premise that Van and Shoes will be retained for clerical purposes until the replacement is brought in and given a full program debriefing.

Hopefully one or both would dazzle their way out of what was supposed to be an exit interview.

If Van recruited most of the team (did he?), then hopefully new guy thinks long and hard about retention
Yeah but what recruit/transfer is going to commit to SJU BEFORE a HC is chosen let alone before they know who is going to be on the staff?

Good news is I think many of these better one's will wait until Tourney is over to take visits etc and that should be plenty of time for SJU to find a new coach.

expect new coach to bring at least one assistant from former staff.

Yeah but what recruit/transfer is going to commit to SJU BEFORE a HC is chosen let alone before they know who is going to be on the staff?

Good news is I think many of these better one's will wait until Tourney is over to take visits etc and that should be plenty of time for SJU to find a new coach.
Hopefully whatever gets done gets done quickly. Mack or Turgeon could start work this Friday if they wanted to.

Speedy getting eliminated is a bump in the road because they could possibly win first game in NIT.

Will all depend on matchup I suppose but I think Langel will be available to talk by the 17th.

Still holding out hope for Pitino but he may spring an upset. Worth waiting for of course if the Board can be swayed.

Hopefully whatever gets done gets done quickly. Mack or Turgeon could start work this Friday if they wanted to.

Speedy getting eliminated is a bump in the road because they could possibly win first game in NIT.

Will all depend on matchup I suppose but I think Langel will be available to talk by the 17th.

Still holding out hope for Pitino but he may spring an upset. Worth waiting for of course if the Board can be swayed.
Would think the school's decision on Pitino has been made by now. Either they've decided against him or they decided to pursue him and are just waiting to see if he would choose us over whoever else. Would obviously agree he's worth waiting for if the school has interest and thinks they have a chance to land him.

Fortunately I don't think any kids entering the portal in early-mid March will be looking to decide within a couple weeks of declaring their intent to transfer. We should have ample time to get a new coach in place well before players in the portal start making decisions

Back