Transfer Portal

As for everyone thinking there will be a wholesale change in SJU's roster like two years ago- I don't necessarily see that happening.

I think Pitino sees an immediate opportunity next year in an underachieving team with three all-conference players in Posh, Joel and AJ plus other valuable pieces like a 4th-year player in Dylan, a promising guard in Kolby, etc.

I'm sure he's thinking to himself that he could easily take an 18-win team and make them a 25-win team without jettisoning the whole roster. He has certainly walked into far worse situations before.

As for everyone thinking there will be a wholesale change in SJU's roster like two years ago- I don't necessarily see that happening.

I think Pitino sees an immediate opportunity next year in an underachieving team with three all-conference players in Posh, Joel and AJ plus other valuable pieces like a 4th-year player in Dylan, a promising guard in Kolby, etc.

I'm sure he's thinking to himself that he could easily take an 18-win team and make them a 25-win team without jettisoning the whole roster. He has certainly walked into far worse situations before.
I agree. Also people thought the whole roster was going to transfer if CMA came back. That now looks to have been totally wrong.

Storr’s talent is obvious and I think we would have seen a big jump (or another lucky school) regardless of who the coach is.

Jones to me is the wildcard. Really wonder what Pitino would be able to get out of him if he harnessed that ability. I’ll stick to the idea that this roster with an addition or 2 could be competing in the big boy bracket.

I do think any coach coming in would feel a need to add shooting. The overall talent was not completely complimentary. As I've said before, I'm not a push guys out the door person but there is one player on the roster I would be very happy to see move on. And that's something I have never said before, but I don't know if I can stand another season of watching him play.

I do think any coach coming in would feel a need to add shooting. The overall talent was not completely complimentary. As I've said before, I'm not a push guys out the door person but there is one player on the roster I would be very happy to see move on. And that's something I have never said before, but I don't know if I can stand another season of watching him play.
Come on man, Nywie isn’t that bad 😂. (I know it’s not who you mean)

Storr’s talent is obvious and I think we would have seen a big jump (or another lucky school) regardless of who the coach is.

Jones to me is the wildcard. Really wonder what Pitino would be able to get out of him if he harnessed that ability. I’ll stick to the idea that this roster with an addition or 2 could be competing in the big boy bracket.
Maybe post him up a bit. Get him closer to the paint so he can make one quick move to the hoop? Similar to Pointer’s last season (though Jones is a better shooter than him).

Back