Transfer Portal Mania

What is GTown's NIL situation? Is it not good? It feels like they are a mess and not particularly a threat to get big names.

Easy to forget Rick and Cooley were hired the same offseason. in the same conference. Sure we just missed the tournament but we are in a way better spot as a program right now
I have heard this year they would be fine going over 4 million out of the fact that they need to turn things around quickly. That being said they aren't close to hitting that mark based on the talent they've brought in. They have plenty of $ and donors from what I have been told.

Wasn’t Hawkins quoted in an article that he would never play in the Big East and he would want to go somewhere he could go to football games. Since Illinois has a FBS program, I assume he is referring to a school with a football program that has a history of success and a rabid fan base. Besides being in the Big East, I don’t think GTown’s FCS football program fits the bill.
Given Hawkins' act on social media, and his propensity for not being shy of chasing the almighty dollar, I think that tune would change when the dollars and cents get brought up. But he seems like an acquired taste

I have heard this year they would be fine going over 4 million out of the fact that they need to turn things around quickly. That being said they aren't close to hitting that mark based on the talent they've brought in. They have plenty of $ and donors from what I have been told.
I think they severely underestimated how bottoming out/saving NIL last year would actually hurt them in recruiting this year.

I think they severely underestimated how bottoming out/saving NIL last year would actually hurt them in recruiting this year.
I know guys around my age will always think Georgetown will somehow always be Georgetown, but you really don't want to damage your brand that badly like you've done the past few couple years.

I know guys around my age will always think Georgetown will somehow always be Georgetown, but you really don't want to damage your brand that badly like you've done the past few couple years.
If they want to make a quantum leap this year then they need to add another significant piece no doubt.

But the roster is pretty good. Good recruiting class and solid transfers especially Malik Mack. Him an Epps should form a pretty potent backcourt.

Again people are acting like Nova and Georgetown have bad rosters, they are not bad. In some cases pretty darn good. Just not enough elite players to be real top 5-6 BE contenders at this point.

Go look at SHU's roster man. I mean seriously. He was able to get by with about a 6-7 man rotation last year but I don't see how he has 6-7 really quality BE players this year. Let alone any difference makers.

Like we’ve done in the past.😡
lol was thinking the same... hows it go- pot meet kettle? lol... you old f*cks will know what i mean...

its actually impressive we had about 7k+ at MSG during those lean years (a lot of years to choose from).... looking at the Verizon for Gtown past couple... think they had a couple hundred people there...

lol was thinking the same... hows it go- pot meet kettle? lol... you old f*cks will know what i mean...

its actually impressive we had about 7k+ at MSG during those lean years (a lot of years to choose from).... looking at the Verizon for Gtown past couple... think they had a couple hundred people there...
We're even worse than them. We'd all sign up for a JT3 run right now.

I was under the impression GTown had lost Epps to the portal, thought I remembered reading that, good for them he is still around. Seemed like a real solid player. Wouldn't mind Georgetown being a tad better so they don't hurt the Big East metrics

Back