Transfer Portal Mania

I am basically meme'ing myself at this point by referencing Trilly, but he's a plugged in guy. I asked him this very question, and he said "Yeah if they haven’t enrolled they’re good usually."

The point about it not making sense doesn't really prove your point, fordham. The NCAA, as you know, has made plenty of rules with stupid loopholes that don't make sense.

I thought I remember Bill Self talking about Kugel after he committed but I could be wrong
He did I mentioned that back when it happened. He mentioned Kugel by name to Andy Katz specifically saying he was not certain that Kugel would join the class. That is what started all the rumors. That is a minor violation to specifically mention by name someone who has not signed with the school.

I am basically meme'ing myself at this point by referencing Trilly, but he's a plugged in guy. I asked him this very question, and he said "Yeah if they haven’t enrolled they’re good usually."

The point about it not making sense doesn't really prove your point, fordham. The NCAA, as you know, has made plenty of rules with stupid loopholes that don't make sense.
He's wrong. Has nothing to do with enrollment.

As I noted with the Zags article Kugel never signed.

And no simply saying nothing makes sense does not make something that wholly makes ZERO sense true.

He did I mentioned that back when it happened. He mentioned Kugel by name to Andy Katz specifically saying he was not certain that Kugel would join the class. That is what started all the rumors. That is a minor violation to specifically mention by name someone who has not signed with the school.

Right, just figured since he mentioned him by name he had signed the scholarship papers which would then mean he had to leave the portal after the 5/1 date.

Ultimately with regards to SJU and Glenn I don't really care since I don't think coming back to SJU is an option.

But yeah I would be interested to see if he ends up somewhere else other than GCU does he get penalized.

Right, just figured since he mentioned him by name he had signed the scholarship papers which would then mean he had to leave the portal after the 5/1 date.
I asked the same question that is why I referenced the Zags article which specifically notes he did NOT sign and therefore never left the Portal.

Oh geez no. We have moved on. We are getting studs in here. Taylor was a disappointment last year. There is a reason we recruited right over him.
Taylor shot 42.4% from 3 and didn’t take a bad shot all year. He was our second best defender. He was also the only guy we had that would drive and kick with any kind of regularity.

He should have been more aggressive, but he was a team first guy and we had two ball dominant players. Glue guys like him fill in the gaps to try to hold it all together.

Here is Kansas on 4/18 announcing the signing of Mayo and Storr as transfers.

Are you telling me Kansas signed two kids and announced it but simultaneously both kids are still in the Portal (since how can you enroll in a school mid-semester) and therefore would be free to sign and go somewhere else with no penalty?

And schools can still recruit both of them? Even AFTER they signed scholarship paperwork with Kansas?

Now if they wanted to they had until May 1 to re-enter the Portal. Theoretically they could have changed their minds and formally RE-ENTERED the Portal before May 1.

AWRENCE, Kan. – Standout transfer guards Zeke Mayo and AJ Storr have signed financial aid agreements to play basketball at Kansas, KU head coach Bill Self announced today. Entering the 2024-25 season, Mayo will be a senior, while Storr will be a junior at KU.

He's wrong. Has nothing to do with enrollment.

As I noted with the Zags article Kugel never signed.

And no simply saying nothing makes sense does not make something that wholly makes ZERO sense true.
I guarantee you Taylor won't sit out.

I guarantee you Taylor won't sit out.
Maybe may be not.

Again I would be interested to see what happens. I know a couple of football guys were potentially looking to do something similar and were told that they would likely have to walk on if they transferred outside the Window.

Again though it is absolutely insane to think that Aaron Scott, Kadary Richmond etc are still in the Portal even after signing and having SJU announce it. If that were the case what actually is the benefit of having a player sign at that point?

Last edited:
Btw this tweet says he re-entered the Portal. Which again means he already LEFT the Portal originally. Which is what I am saying.

Now the question is since it is outside the Window what happens if/when he signs with another school.

Quinn Slazinski comes to minds as well.
Committed/signed with SJU April 2023.

Re-entered portal in July after rumblings of Ledlum coming our way.

Committed to WVU July 2023

Quinn Slazinski comes to minds as well.
Committed/signed with SJU April 2023.

Re-entered portal in July after rumblings of Ledlum coming our way.

Committed to WVU July 2023

Grad transfer though which gave him “unlimited portal window rights” or something like that

Ultimately with regards to SJU and Glenn I don't really care since I don't think coming back to SJU is an option.

But yeah I would be interested to see if he ends up somewhere else other than GCU does he get penalized.

Or does GCU get penalized because they pulled a Self?

Maybe may be not.

Again I would be interested to see what happens. I know a couple of football guys were potentially looking to do something similar and were told that they would likely have to walk on if they transferred outside the Window.

A

So GT could walk on somewhere and still get NIL but not a scholarship? If this is the case then everybody who can earn above the scholarship value is still technically a free agent if a team has enough $$$ to make the loss of scholarship a non factor.

Back