The Brady Show

They think it ruined basketball by destroying the mindset that offenses are rewarded for working for the easiest highest % shot. The 3 point shot rewards the opposite, and often players step backwards over the line with plenty of open space between them and the basket.
if anything, the 3 point shot saved basketball. It made everyone capable of impacting the game, and made having a great center not the only way to win. Which makes every kid feel like they can pick up a basketball and be great.

But of course, basketball as a game has recently overcorrected as a result of the rise of Stephen Curry, and there is now too much reliance on the 3pt shot in my opinion.

NBA is way worse on this. Most regular season games become a 3pt shooting contest.

I prefer the college game because there is much better balance in offensive attack.

if anything, the 3 point shot saved basketball. It made everyone capable of impacting the game, and made having a great center not the only way to win. Which makes every kid feel like they can pick up a basketball and be great.

But of course, basketball as a game has recently overcorrected as a result of the rise of Stephen Curry, and there is now too much reliance on the 3pt shot in my opinion.

NBA is way worse on this. Most regular season games become a 3pt shooting contest.

I prefer the college game because there is much better balance in offensive attack.
Just a thought and one for consideration . I think Pitino had developed his game plans around the idea that Dingle was going to be a major contributor to the offense .

So far that has not happened and the possibility exists that RP gave a even more green light to DJ as a result . Additionally , if you watch closely on most shots that Jenkins takes he has already beaten his man .

The fact of the shot not going in , is a different story . And , sure he’s taken some bad shots . But , we have guys who miss point blank dunks .

And , in crunch time , Jenkins has a knack that gets him to the rim often . Again , beating his man off the dribble

I especially like his move to the hoop from the left side using his left hand . It’s a lethal weapon and he’s great at it ., Rarely misses .

And , at the end of most of our games , DJ has 15-18 points , 6 Assits , 3 rebounds and 2 steals .
Plus , usually hard defense on the opponent PG . Only negative is his tendency to take the bad foul .

A drive and a foul is also a 3 point play. The issue i have with the 3 point shoot is at the same time they tightened up on calling touch fouls to give shooters more space. If O or the ice man had this advantage they would have rewritten the scoring records. This does change a bit in the playoffs where they allow tighter defenses which in turn makes the teams attack the basket more.

In defense of Jenkins stats:
in the 4 big East games: 21 assists 8 TO or a respectable 5:2
he‘s shooting 40.6%— better than Luis, Dingle, wilcher & conway.
he is 17/33 on 2pt shots, better than everyone except Joel & Alleyne
3 pts he’s 5/19, if he hit ONE more he’d match team average.
in Be games he’s tied for most steals, in all games he leads by a lot.

we didnt expect it, but he’s much much more important to this year than dingle so far.
i know he’s not our best point guard ever, but I’m extremely happy he’s here.

Whether he goes for 6 or 16, opposing teams now know what a threat he is and have to play up on him. And they know that even if he's cold, he can get hot at any moment. Just having him on the floor opens things up for the other 4 players on the court.

Last edited:
in the 4 big East games: 21 assists 8 TO or a respectable 5:2
he‘s shooting 40.6%— better than Luis, Dingle, wilcher & conway.
he is 17/33 on 2pt shots, better than everyone except Joel & Alleyne
3 pts he’s 5/19, if he hit ONE more he’d match team average.
in Be games he’s tied for most steals, in all games he leads by a lot.

we didnt expect it, but he’s much much more important to this year than dingle so far.
i know he’s not our best point guard ever, but I’m extremely happy he’s here.
5/19 is 26% That is his above his season average and his 3-year non-MAAC career average. That’s who he is.

Instead of trying to add makes to his average, why not subtract awful shots to accomplish the same? 5/14 is 35.7% and that is just taking away his worst shot each game.

Pass up a shot once in a while and he would be fine.

Rumor has it ;);) Brady last seen after game on Garden Court practicing free throws or maybe that was going the bus when it got to campus going into the gym. PS--nice to Wilcher there for him in that he helped Brady limp of court.

Back