St. John's vs. Seton Hall Game Thread

Yak! A game of shooters vs. non shooters, in fact even their subs could shoot. So much for athletes against scorers.
Hopefully, we change our defense next year. The opposition takes open shots while our offense struggles to get open. BTW, where was the double picks for Harrison tonight. Wasn't that what Dunlap claimed he would do tonight via the N.Y. Post article. Want to stay optimistic but it's not going to be easy.   
Got to compliment the hustle and defense of Sir Dom. Nice job with 5 steals.

I just got home from work and T=VO ed the game... what the heck happened. We lost to the Hall by 30????? gave up 94 points to a team that averages 57 per game? I knew the offense was weak but the defense against weaker teams like the Hall usually at least made it competitive. No matter which way you slice it, we should not be losing to the Hall by 30. And to think some 5 months ago many on this and other sites were saying how the couldn't see the Kyle Anderson would choose the Hall over us.[ /quote]

We didn't know Pelle, Sampson, and Garrett wouldn't qualify prior to Kyle verballing. Not to mention, losing Lindsey, as well. In the long run, I believe we'll have the better team than Seton Hall. Other than that, we did get hammered tonight.

I think that its time for a realty check here. Posters are saying how these kids are worn out etc? These are young kids who are used to playing 20 hours a day. There is definately something that just aint clicking. To believe that at the snap of someone's fingers and a few more recruits will make everything better may not be realistic for next year. as those new recruits will take some time as well. And in terms of getting to the level of the big programs.... that may take a bit more time........ a 30 point loss to the Hall??? wow

More "reality" talk, huh, realfan? Is that in the book called "negativity?" So, you're gonna take these kids playing 20 hours a day in mere pickup games (whether, it's rec ball or AAU) versus playing in more competitive games with much more on the line where mental fatigue can and usually play a role, huh? 

No its called reality. if Norm was losing by 30 under any circumstances, we would all be hammering the guy. Again with the Realfan reference? Perhaps you dont see the unfortunate significance of losing to the Hall like this. Just remember Dinky, we are recruiting the same Jersey kids as they are. Do you think those kids think about the fatigue factor here? Nope, all they see is blowout city..... and that's reality pal.

I just got home from work and T=VO ed the game... what the heck happened. We lost to the Hall by 30????? gave up 94 points to a team that averages 57 per game? I knew the offense was weak but the defense against weaker teams like the Hall usually at least made it competitive. No matter which way you slice it, we should not be losing to the Hall by 30. And to think some 5 months ago many on this and other sites were saying how the couldn't see the Kyle Anderson would choose the Hall over us.[ /quote]

We didn't know Pelle, Sampson, and Garrett wouldn't qualify prior to Kyle verballing. Not to mention, losing Lindsey, as well. In the long run, I believe we'll have the better team than Seton Hall. Other than that, we did get hammered tonight.

I think that its time for a realty check here. Posters are saying how these kids are worn out etc? These are young kids who are used to playing 20 hours a day. There is definately something that just aint clicking. To believe that at the snap of someone's fingers and a few more recruits will make everything better may not be realistic for next year. as those new recruits will take some time as well. And in terms of getting to the level of the big programs.... that may take a bit more time........ a 30 point loss to the Hall??? wow

More "reality" talk, huh, realfan? Is that in the book called "negativity?" So, you're gonna take these kids playing 20 hours a day in mere pickup games (whether, it's rec ball or AAU) versus playing in more competitive games with much more on the line where mental fatigue can and usually play a role, huh? 

No its called reality. if Norm was losing by 30 under any circumstances, we would all be hammering the guy. Again with the Realfan reference? Perhaps you dont see the unfortunate significance of losing to the Hall like this. Just remember Dinky, we are recruiting the same Jersey kids as they are. Do you think those kids think about the fatigue factor here? Nope, all they see is blowout city..... and that's reality pal.

I didn't start hammering Norm until like the latter part of his 4th season. I stopped watching games altogether during his 6th and last season. Yes, another realfan reference because you're realfan. Quite frankly, if I had any doubts whether it was you or not.... My doubts is proof you're actually realfan. You wanna know why? You're the only one who called me "Dinky." LOL If you wanna keep a low-profile then it's best to not be combative (like realfan) and not call folks the same thing you called 'em under your previous pseudonym.

The only recruit we've both gone after from Jersey was Anderson and neither team got him. Once, we start losing kids from Jersey to Seton Hall then I'll be concerned. Until then, I'm not worried about them in the long-term. Not to mention, we can recruit nationally. I can't quite say the same about Seton Hall. We shall see.

The only "reality" I see is you're actually realfan. Tonight was certainly proof of it. It's amazing you always come back to a site that you have thoroughly trashed. LOL 

Gift has struggled. But I love him coming off the bench next year for us. Hopefully Lavin brings in the recruits to make that happen, because GG isn't cut out right now for BE starter minutes.

Gift has struggled. But I love him coming off the bench next year for us. Hopefully Lavin brings in the recruits to make that happen, because GG isn't cut out right now for BE starter minutes.

he shouldn't even be part of the offensive scheme....just focus on rebounding like adennis rodman type...that guy can't hold onto the rock and he is a horrible finisher...i hate hearing him grunt and watching the ball fly over the hoop...

Only two players are currently cut out to play more than 25 minutes a game. I'm sure I don't have to mention their names.

Only two players are currently cut out to play more than 25 minutes a game. I'm sure I don't have to mention their names.

Do their last names begin with an H? :p

Do their last names begin with an H? :p

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! We.... Have... A.... Winner!

With performances like this, it's definitely going to get harder and harder for St. John's to recruit against Seton Hall

Just not a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think all fans are ready for this season to end and crossing their fingers that Lavin can somehow land a few good players in the spring. Although I still think this is going to be a very difficult task considering what is still out there right now. 

I will be honest, I didn't watch the game tonight. I had class until 8 and there was no reason to rush out of school when I had work to do. However, I am embarrassed. I know people on this board think I am a negative fan and knock me, but lets face it, I am a grad student in NYC who didn't attend St. John's yet I have managed to go to games/watch games (almost every game) for my entire life. It is time to start being realistic. Everyone but Harrison and Harkless stinks and the coaching staff is obviously not as good as some of you think it is. It is February, I don't care if they are freshmen, a top recruiting class shouldn't lost by 30 at Seton Hall in February. I can't justify not doing school work anymore for this year. Maybe Lavin will have at least 1 2012 recruit by next season and we will go from there. Flat out embarrassing.  

With performances like this, it's definitely going to get harder and harder for St. John's to recruit against Seton Hall

I don't think so. I'm just not one who believes one game (even like one tonight) will make such a dramatic difference.

Just not a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think all fans are ready for this season to end and crossing their fingers that Lavin can somehow land a few good players in the spring. Although I still think this is going to be a very difficult task considering what is still out there right now.

There isn't much to be optimistic about the remainder of the season, but that doesn't mean things can't change as soon, as next season. I'm certainly ready for this season to end. I would've liked for it to end with this group, at least, playing in the NIT, but that isn't gonna be the case.

I'll wait until May to say whether I'm concerned or not. 

I will be honest, I didn't watch the game tonight. I had class until 8 and there was no reason to rush out of school when I had work to do. However, I am embarrassed. I know people on this board think I am a negative fan and knock me, but lets face it, I am a grad student in NYC who didn't attend St. John's yet I have managed to go to games/watch games (almost every game) for my entire life. It is time to start being realistic. Everyone but Harrison and Harkless stinks and the coaching staff is obviously not as good as some of you think it is. It is February, I don't care if they are freshmen, a top recruiting class shouldn't lost by 30 at Seton Hall in February. I can't justify not doing school work anymore for this year. Maybe Lavin will have at least 1 2012 recruit by next season and we will go from there. Flat out embarrassing.  

No, you're not only negative.... You're also embarrassing.

I don't think games like this really affect the recruiting process...stj was dormant for 10 years and that didn't even stop lavin from recruiting a top 3 class...a great recruiter can get top talent no matter what...lets not forget only 2 days ago these guys were in a game within 3 points with a top 10 team in the country....they had a day off and played a team that hit like 20 treys...lets be realistic and understanding of t the reality of it....we will be fine come next year

Recruits want PT which there is plenty of. My biggest concerns are gettinnLavin on the bench, having all these kids back next year and getting them 5 more bodies as promised to help.

Back