Season Tickets

I don't know what goes into the schedule, so I can't comment on this stuff. What I will say is that UBS and Barclays have proven to be a waste of time. Give me MSG for a bunch of good matchups, and then I have no problem playing others in Carnesecca. I love MSG and had a MSG-only package for the first time last year, but when we pack Carnesecca that place is difficult for opposing teams. Rather than lament the location, I hope that place is packed to the rafters with a rowdy fan base supporting these kids against a quality opponent.

UBS and Barclays were tried as sites where we knew attendance would not be great enough to rent the Garden. They both failed miserably. UBS was thought of as an arena that could become our home court for all non MSG games at some point. It became clear after just one ubs game that the energy in the building was close to zero and Rick suggested pulling games back to CA.

I called the ticket office to inform them I found my G.O. card and expected to get into all games for 25 cents, as printed on the card. They promised to send me a nee card that say G.O. to hell.
Awesome.

I find the Carnesecca home court advantage thing to be extremely overblown and don’t really remember people talking about it as such in our “good” Lavin years. MSG enhances our brand and think we should prioritize it as much as it’s plausible.
Ask the newcomers if this is what they had in store.

Then what is your point? K St game was not going to fill MSG by a long shot, even if both their alums in NYC brought their extended family. The only place they'd get a full house is AH.
You don't know that
And could you blame them for their one OOC home chance to really make a stamp on the season?

Hopefully a few years from now we can create that type of advantage at the garden, this year I think the win is more important.

I find the Carnesecca home court advantage thing to be extremely overblown and don’t really remember people talking about it as such in our “good” Lavin years. MSG enhances our brand and think we should prioritize it as much as it’s plausible.
St. John's has an all-time winning percentage of 82.7% in Queens. How is that overblown?

There is zero chance we get anywhere close to 19000 for K State anywhere except Manhattan..., Kansas. Especially on a December weekend.

Boy you're just one ray of sunshine today.
Mar 12, 2024 — St. John's averaged 13,977 fans in its eight games at The Garden,
How would you compare K St. to Michigan last year.
Curious. Would K St. have drawn as much as the #133 NET team?
That's Michigan's NET by the way.

Mar 12, 2024 — St. John's averaged 13,977 fans in its eight games at The Garden,

I am pretty sure there are a lot more Michigan Alumni in NYC than K State. That game also had the extra excitement of Pitino's first game. We can't fill the Garden on our own.

You really going to count games in November equally to the games in February?
Yeah it would be good to see the win% for conference games at CA l.

I think in CMAs last year he lost 5 conference games at CA so that can’t help lol.

It's not about the NET. It's about the marketability. Michigan has exponentially more grads in NYC than K St. Michigan is a national sports brand. That was Pitino's first game at MSG and was hugely promoted. There's no way K St would get the same numbers as last year's Michigan game unless St John's goes into the game 8-0 or maybe if they win the Baha and are 7-1. The second is a big maybe.

St. John's has an all-time winning percentage of 82.7% in Queens. How is that overblown?
I am pretty sure there are a lot more Michigan Alumni in NYC than K State. That game also had the extra excitement of Pitino's first game. We can't fill the Garden on our own.

What would you guess for attendance?

Who do they play at Carnesecca? It's not overblown. Just shows we play weak competition there. Compare it to the Garden.

So you only want to play yukon in the GARDEN? Whatever floats your boat.

Michigan was earlier in the season, and was expected to be a lot better than they were. Their collapse after beating us was one of the most shocking developments of last season.

Michigan was earlier in the season, and was expected to be a lot better than they were. Their collapse after beating us was one of the most shocking developments of last season.

Joel played 25 minutes
Drissa 15
Alleyne shot 3-13. worst potal acquisition ever.
Ledlum shot 1-7

Back