Season Tickets

Rothstein has Kansas St. finishing 8th in their conference. Maybe yukon got lucky avoiding them. Their starting 2G came off the bench for nova.
Projected Starters: G Dug McDaniel, Brendan Hausen, F Coleman Hawkins, F Achor Achor, C Ugonna Onyenso
Opening line should be interesting. 6 point favorites?
7-0, 6-10,6-9.

Zuby, Prey, Luis?
There’s no way this starting 5 finishes 8th in the Big 12. These are quality players from some big time programs. McDaniel torched us last year. This game will not be easy and the team will need to be locked in.

There’s no way this starting 5 finishes 8th in the Big 12. These are quality players from some big time programs. McDaniel torched us last year. This game will not be easy and the team will need to be locked in.

I've never seen them play. THANKS.

I find it amusing that playing games at UBS has proven to be a complete failure, when considering at this time last year, many on here were clamoring for more of the schedule to be at UBS. I suspect those individuals all live on Long Island.
I was the one pushing for that. However, I wasn't pushing for more games at UBS. I was pushing for all home games at UBS.

I still think it could have worked as our "one and only" home, if you curtained off the upper bowl (which they partially did for our games) and did something about the really high parking prices (like take care of season ticket holders, when it came to that). After the three-game tease last year though, the reputation of our games there proceeds it. Too bad, IMO.

FTR, I live in Queens, and UBS is harder for me to get to than MSG or CA. However, it's not about me. It's about what's best for the program. If I have to take a convenience hot for that, I'd be more than glad too.

Playing Devil’s Advocate, why the poor showing at Barclays? The LIRR Atlantic Terminal is basically across the street and you have a subway entrance right in front of the building and 9 subway lines end up right there you can use the entrance in front of it to access most of those lines.
Transportation obstacles. Subways trains at night with your kids. Much of LI requires you to go to Penn to switch trains to Port line or connect with other trains. More wait time on platforms. Or transfer on open platforms on winter nights in Jamaica . If you are coming from Westchester or NJ, it’s worse.

MSG—LIRR and NJ trains and bus lines end there. Trains right down the escalator in same building. Grand Central is ten dollar cab ride away. You can have dinner or a beer around MSG pre or post game. Not so easy to do that at Barclays.

I know of no one who would prefer Barclays over MSG.

Transportation obstacles. Subways trains at night with your kids. Much of LI requires you to go to Penn to switch trains to Port line or connect with other trains. More wait time on platforms. Or transfer on open platforms on winter nights in Jamaica . If you are coming from Westchester or NJ, it’s worse.

MSG—LIRR and NJ trains and bus lines end there. Trains right down the escalator in same building. Grand Central is ten dollar cab ride away. You can have dinner or a beer around MSG pre or post game. Not so easy to do that at Barclays.

I know of no one who would prefer Barclays over MSG.
I followed up with another post that pretty much mirrors your first paragraph except I did not mention Westchester and Jersey.

The drinks and dinner thing around Barclays I agree is a challenge as there are not a lot of close options (Buffalo Wild Wings upstairs from Atlantic Terminal doesn’t cut it) and not a lot of options on Atlantic Avenue.

Not saying anyone would prefer Barclays over MSG but I always thought of it as a good second option.

I followed up with another post that pretty much mirrors your first paragraph except I did not mention Westchester and Jersey.

The drinks and dinner thing around Barclays I agree is a challenge as there are not a lot of close options (Buffalo Wild Wings upstairs from Atlantic Terminal doesn’t cut it) and not a lot of options on Atlantic Avenue.

Not saying anyone would prefer Barclays over MSG but I always thought of it as a good second option.
I live in the area. Plenty of really great dinner/bar options around the area. Fort Greene is a five minute walk, Park Slope is a five minute walk in another direction. Just need to leave the Atlantic Mall/very immediate Barclays area.

STJ has never played a season ticket eligible game at Barclays so I find the judgment of the games there a little harsh & also disingenuous when compared to season ticket holder games at UBS and MSG. It's just a different ask.

I do think the LIRR station there isn't as convenient as some may think. Ever since the LIRR Grand Central extension, they've made the Atlantic stop basically only to Jamaica for transfers and, I think, Hempstead. So its not as accessible the same way as MSG is for Long Islanders.

I live in the area. Plenty of really great dinner/bar options around the area. Fort Greene is a five minute walk, Park Slope is a five minute walk in another direction. Just need to leave the Atlantic Mall/very immediate Barclays area.

STJ has never played a season ticket eligible game at Barclays so I find the judgment of the games there a little harsh & also disingenuous when compared to season ticket holder games at UBS and MSG. It's just a different ask.

I do think the LIRR station there isn't as convenient as some may think. Ever since the LIRR Grand Central extension, they've made the Atlantic stop basically only to Jamaica for transfers and, I think, Hempstead. So its not as accessible the same way as MSG is for Long Islanders.
Agree. My daughter lives in Fort Greene and there are lots of good dining options. Agree on LIRR nowhere as convenient as for MSG.

I do think the LIRR station there isn't as convenient as some may think. Ever since the LIRR Grand Central extension, they've made the Atlantic stop basically only to Jamaica for transfers and, I think, Hempstead. So it’s not as accessible the same way as MSG is for Long Islanders.
“Just need to leave the Atlantic Mall/very immediate Barclays area.”. That’s it right there, no one wants to take the walk because they are unfamiliar with it while they have no problem doing it around MSG.

Very valid point in paragraph two also would add BC last year not being a draw.

Depending on what time I left for or from work, more so going, I would switch at Jamaica to a train to Atlantic Terminal and then take a subway ride to my office in Lower Manhattan as it was quicker than going to Penn and taking the subway. You always had a good amount of people switching at Jamaica prior to Grand Central Madison opening (and it only opened in January 2023) so we are talking one game since then with the revised schedule.

We are creatures of habit and sometimes don’t want to step out of our comfort zones even if it’s just a five minute walk or switching at Jamaica.

“Just need to leave the Atlantic Mall/very immediate Barclays area.”. That’s it right there, no one wants to take the walk because they are unfamiliar with it while they have no problem doing it around MSG.

Depending on what time I left for or from work, more so going, I would switch at Jamaica to a train to Atlantic Terminal and then take a subway ride to my office in Lower Manhattan as it was quicker than going to Penn and taking the subway. You always had a good amount of people switching at Jamaica prior to Grand Central Madison opening (and it only opened in January 2023) so we are talking one game since then with the revised schedule.

We are creatures of habit and sometimes don’t want to step out of our comfort zones even if it’s just a five minute walk or switching at Jamaica.
Outside of seeing family in Long Island or taking the JFK Airtrain, I never want to use the LIRR. You're running to the complete other side of the station and its always a mess. They really bungled the LIRR for Brooklynites. I'd go as far as to say the lack of direct connection to UBS is why I never bothered to go to a STJ game there on a weeknight. Just not worth it.

For food, all you have to do is cross Flatbush Ave to 5th Avenue and you'll a good selection of places within walking distance of blocks including McMahons Irish Pub and Patsy's

I know that you're right but it still amazes me that in this day and age people armed with Google Maps and everything else are intimidated by the prospect of finding a restaurant 10 blocks from Barclays. Yet they will go to a foreign country on vacation and do exactly the same thing without a second thought.

DK is 100% correct, there are lots of great places in the area. They just don't happen to be directly in Atlantic Terminal or the plaza outside Barclay's. You might even want to take the (gasp) subway a stop or two for some of the more worthwhile ones.

I know that you're right but it still amazes me that in this day and age people armed with Google Maps and everything else are intimidated by the prospect of finding a restaurant 10 blocks from Barclays. Yet they will go to a foreign country on vacation and do exactly the same thing without a second thought.

DK is 100% correct, there are lots of great places in the area. They just don't happen to be directly in Atlantic Terminal or the plaza outside Barclay's. You might even want to take the (gasp) subway a stop or two for some of the more worthwhile ones.
Agree wholeheartedly.

I take the LIRR to Penn Station, and then get on the 2 or the 3 train (no difference between Penn Station and Barclays). It takes about 10 stops to get there though, so yes, very time consuming.
Take the LIRR directly to Atlantic Terminal. Less time consuming and saves the Subway fare.

Last edited:
Back