Season Tickets

I'm on the Port Washington Branch, so I'd have to change at Woodside, go to Jamica, and then get to Atlantic. Penn Station to the subway is better, for me.
Ah, I didn’t take into account that you might be on that Branch. Good point as the Woodside way would definitely be a pain to have to go through.

I know that you're right but it still amazes me that in this day and age people armed with Google Maps and everything else are intimidated by the prospect of finding a restaurant 10 blocks from Barclays. Yet they will go to a foreign country on vacation and do exactly the same thing without a second thought.

DK is 100% correct, there are lots of great places in the area. They just don't happen to be directly in Atlantic Terminal or the plaza outside Barclay's. You might even want to take the (gasp) subway a stop or two for some of the more worthwhile ones.
If we're being honest, I'm sure there are people who just assume that area of Brooklyn isn't great, so they avoid exploring the area. It's actually really nice. And even UConn when they played there during the NCAA tournament hosted events for their fans at local bars.

I was the one pushing for that. However, I wasn't pushing for more games at UBS. I was pushing for all home games at UBS.

I still think it could have worked as our "one and only" home, if you curtained off the upper bowl (which they partially did for our games) and did something about the really high parking prices (like take care of season ticket holders, when it came to that). After the three-game tease last year though, the reputation of our games there proceeds it. Too bad, IMO.

FTR, I live in Queens, and UBS is harder for me to get to than MSG or CA. However, it's not about me. It's about what's best for the program. If I have to take a convenience hot for that, I'd be more than glad too.
What's best for the program is as many games as possible for MSG!

What's best for the program is as many games as possible for MSG!
It’s important. Is it more important than winning?

You can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?

You can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?
Depends if you are going to the CA game or not. Your track record isn’t so good at games :)

If Rick thought it was so important, wouldn't he schedule Marquette/Creighton/Providence at CA in February and schedule less games at MSG?

If Rick thought it was so important, wouldn't he schedule Marquette/Creighton/Providence at CA in February and schedule less games at MSG?
The Big East has the right to say who we play at MSG, and at CA. We may suggest, but they have the final say.

The Big East has the right to say who we play at MSG, and at CA. We may suggest, but they have the final say.
Sure, but we also have the right to enter a contract with MSG in the first place.

During the Mullin and Anderson years, we played as few as four Big East games at MSG. There's a reason Pitino doubled that amount.

I’m sure many things go into it. You don’t think we get more fans at the garden for them?

I’ll ask the same to you, you can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?

I’m sure many things go into it. You don’t think we get more fans at the garden for them?

I’ll ask the same to you, you can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?
My non-sourced guess of what happened is that STJ is contracted with MSG for eight home games this year, and wanted to choose the most important games to play there. That’s why we see all of the biggest conference games there, instead of K-State

My non-sourced guess of what happened is that STJ is contracted with MSG for eight home games this year, and wanted to choose the most important games to play there. That’s why we see all of the biggest conference games there, instead of K-State
Ok could be right.

Again, You can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?

Ok could be right.

Again, You can’t believe it’s possible that we’d have a better chance vs KState with a sell out at CA, than at a less than raucous MSG?
I don’t think it would really make a difference. If we’re winning by the game in December, we very well could have a good crowd. It’s certainly more of a gamble.

I just think it says a lot that despite this supposed advantage CA has given us, he’d rather play more games at MSG than any of our coaches, including all of our crucial games down the stretch.

I don’t think it would really make a difference. If we’re winning by the game in December, we very well could have a good crowd. It’s certainly more of a gamble.

I just think it says a lot that despite this supposed advantage CA has given us, he’d rather play more games at MSG than any of our coaches, including all of our crucial games down the stretch.
I think more than one thing can be true.

MSG presence is obviously important. You’re only going to improve that by winning and playing there. There are games there right now we can have a solid home court advantage with and hopefully more in the future.

I also think we will sell out the Kstate game and “CA vs MSG” debate isn’t exactly the same as a “Sell out vs a less than full crowd”. It’s also a team who has no experience playing at CA. This is of course only my opinion but I’m sure they’d be more familiar with a place like MSG than our spot on campus.

We could can play really well at the garden and need it, and still also have a better chance in a sold out CA.

I think more than one thing can be true.

MSG presence is obviously important. You’re only going to improve that by winning and playing there. There are games there right now we can have a solid home court advantage with and hopefully more in the future.

I also think we will sell out the Kstate game and “CA vs MSG” debate isn’t exactly the same as a “Sell out vs a less than full crowd”. It’s also a team who has no experience playing at CA. This is of course only my opinion but I’m sure they’d be more familiar with a place like MSG than our spot on campus.

We could can play really well at the garden and need it, and still also have a better chance in a sold out CA.
K-State at Carnesseca doesn’t really bother me. I’d probably rather have the Seton Hall game at MSG before them

Back