Season Tickets

While the ticket department is understaffed with only one ft employee and the rest student workers, Meliss has always been friendly, polite and responsive.

She has been really underwater planning a reseating but sju canceled the seatback install for this season - there were delays in starting beyond the school's control so it's off until next year.

I deal with her via direct email at this time of year and she often responds that she's not up to what im asking for yet.

In past seasons Mike Cragg got directly involved with ticket problems, and we will see what approach Kull takes. Obviously he hasn't started yet, but I'm confident he will do well here.

Who were you emailing? PM me and if i can help I will.
They’ve always been bad even when no one wanted tix. I’ve had season tickets for 10+ years and I don’t contact the ticket office often but when I do they probably respond less than 1/4 of the time. This seems pretty consistent over the years (except Courtney? I think was pretty good).

Not a chance there are 2000 student season tickets. If there are 500 at any given game we are lucky.

They cap it at 500?
They are there it’s just that most of them come disguised as empty seats.

OK OK. HOW MANY STUDENT TICKETS ARE SET ASIDE FOR EACH GAME?
Southern v Jackson State college football 🏈 game today has 55,000 students expected to attend.

That's the south.
Southern v Jackson State college football 🏈 game today has 55,000 students expected to attend.

When do they find the time for The Rhodes Scholarship preparation?

They cap it at 500?

OK OK. HOW MANY STUDENT TICKETS ARE SET ASIDE FOR EACH GAME?

That's the south.

When do they find the time for The Rhodes Scholarship preparation?
What year were you a Rhodes Scholar? Does it make you feel like a big man to attack the educational achievements of kids doing the best they can? In many cases being the first from their families to go to college. Just a shockingly ugly comment made for no reason.

What year were you a Rhodes Scholar? Does it make you feel like a big man to attack the educational achievements of kids doing the best they can? In many cases being the first from their families to go to college. Just a shockingly ugly comment made for no reason.

Rhode Scholar? Not I. I was the first in my family to go to college also. In fact, I was the first one to even to to high School.The first time my daughter called, I asked how it was going. Se said she was adapting and making friends. I half joking asked if she went to the football game on Saturday. Everybody's in the library on Saturdays. That was such a good feeling remembering how I totally overdid it initially. BTW, NO Rhodes Scholarship for me but happy to inform you she's been accepted to Georgetown Law.
" attack the educational achievements of kids doing the best they can?" WTF are you talking about?
55,000 thousand students at a football game? GOODBYE to your entire Saturday. But if that's what parents accept, hope the kids have a blast.
You don't know the meaning of ugly. Ugly is standing and blocking the entrance to a particular school because of the attendees. That's ugly my man, not going to a football game.

Rhode Scholar? Not I. I was the first in my family to go to college also. In fact, I was the first one to even to to high School.The first time my daughter called, I asked how it was going. Se said she was adapting and making friends. I half joking asked if she went to the football game on Saturday. Everybody's in the library on Saturdays. That was such a good feeling remembering how I totally overdid it initially. BTW, NO Rhodes Scholarship for me but happy to inform you she's been accepted to Georgetown Law.
" attack the educational achievements of kids doing the best they can?" WTF are you talking about?
55,000 thousand students at a football game? GOODBYE to your entire Saturday. But if that's what parents accept, hope the kids have a blast.
You don't know the meaning of ugly. Ugly is standing and blocking the entrance to a particular school because of the attendees. That's ugly my man, not going to a football game.
Suspect Adavis knows the meaning of ugly quite well. Imho your post was just unnecessary as he said. Who cares how many kids go to a football game.

Can't be 55,000 students.

Home school probably has only 5-10K students

That must be total attendance which is not crazy for any rivalry or homecoming type game

Yeah the person I was in touch with *since May* left the company back in August and never passed my account over to someone else. So I had to email/call them again, and now of course I can’t get grouped with my buddies. A mess
Fyi.
Yeah the person I was in touch with *since May* left the company back in August and never passed my account over to someone else. So I had to email/call them again, and now of course I can’t get grouped with my buddies. A mess
I had a lo g conversation with Melissa this oast week. She had just recently completed going through all the renewals. Lots of people have inquired about specific seats and seat changes (including me) but she told me she couldnt respond to me until they could ide tify all cancellations and free up those seats, addressing requests in priority points order.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE (which may be incomplete) no new seat assignment had been addressed until this past week. Her staff had updated the priority point lists (100 points for each season as a subscriber, 1 point for each dollar donated. That is the order they are addressing requests to move seats and then will work on assigning seats to new subscribers.

I'm not defending anyone, just communicating what I was told. I hope that helps. If you asked for a move of seats or new seats near your friends, it would not have been addressed a mo th ago.

Fyi.

I had a lo g conversation with Melissa this oast week. She had just recently completed going through all the renewals. Lots of people have inquired about specific seats and seat changes (including me) but she told me she couldnt respond to me until they could ide tify all cancellations and free up those seats, addressing requests in priority points order.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE (which may be incomplete) no new seat assignment had been addressed until this past week. Her staff had updated the priority point lists (100 points for each season as a subscriber, 1 point for each dollar donated. That is the order they are addressing requests to move seats and then will work on assigning seats to new subscribers.

I'm not defending anyone, just communicating what I was told. I hope that helps. If you asked for a move of seats or new seats near your friends, it would not have been addressed a mo th ago.
I received a call from the ticket office regarding a request to upgrade my tickets at CA by one row (A areas of B). I called them back the next day as i was unable to take their call. I left a message for the gentleman who called me and received a call back within an hour. Unable to honor my request as the seats were unavailable.

I can’t recall ever having a problem with the ticket office.

I received a call from the ticket office regarding a request to upgrade my tickets at CA by one row (A areas of B). I called them back the next day as i was unable to take their call. I left a message for the gentleman who called me and received a call back within an hour. Unable to honor my request as the seats were unavailable.

I can’t recall ever having a problem with the ticket office.
Yeah but you have a batphone #. When it rings it flashes Dave Dave Dave

I'm mildly annoyed when a lot of students show up a big game against a top opponent and behave like they are rabid fans, only to have 3/4 of them or more not been to a game all season before or after.
i know where you are coming from.... but We (as a Program- and what we have done / failed to do over the last 25 years....) should NEVER be annoyed when we have "a lot" of students show up lol....

Yes. My guess is that they have to sell these limited remaining full season packages before they can even deal with "MSG only."
For what it’s worth, there are many of us who have MSG only tickets, which I’m sure count towards the higher number of season ticket holders. I received a call yesterday from Stuart in the ticket office, and he was very helpful in getting mine renewed with a few changes that I asked for. So, it seems like they’re working their way through the list based on the priority that was previously posted here.

For what it’s worth, there are many of us who have MSG only tickets, which I’m sure count towards the higher number of season ticket holders. I received a call yesterday from Stuart in the ticket office, and he was very helpful in getting mine renewed with a few changes that I asked for. So, it seems like they’re working their way through the list based on the priority that was previously posted here.
You spoke with someone yesterday about the MSG only package? I haven't received anything on that yet and I had the MSG season ticket package last year. Do you have a contact point for me on that?

Seems like there’s some randomness and no order when it comes to priority. I have season tickets, and have communicated to the ticket office multiple times throughout the summer about adding seats/changing location.

I have not been contacted yet. I now plan to only do an MSG plan this year. IMO there is a big opportunity to develop this area of the athletic department. I’m hopeful Kull will do it.

Seems like there’s some randomness and no order when it comes to priority. I have season tickets, and have communicated to the ticket office multiple times throughout the summer about adding seats/changing location.

I have not been contacted yet. I now plan to only do an MSG plan this year. IMO there is a big opportunity to develop this area of the athletic department. I’m hopeful Kull will do it.

I had a similar experience this offseason. I even signaled a willingness to donate extra to secure a seat upgrade in the messages I left, which went unreturned. Not sure all of that is in the ticket office, which is clearly under resourced. Maybe there truly is a ton of unexpected demand for season tickets, which would be awesome for the program.

Not sure if it’s random or not. I’ve had the MSG seats for awhile now, and started talking to them in February about moving my seats. Got tired of sitting near the visitors’ bench. I would think you’ll get a call soon too.

I don't know if this was posted or not but according to Yahoo Sports, Tennessee is adding a 10% surcharge to the price of football season tickets and it's being called a "talent fee". The money from the surcharge will go into a revenue sharing pool for players as early as next season as schools are inching closer and closer to directly paying players.

i know where you are coming from.... but We (as a Program- and what we have done / failed to do over the last 25 years....) should NEVER be annoyed when we have "a lot" of students show up lol....
They really don't deserve much credit to show up when its a very hot ticket
Oh restated. I get annoyed when they don't show up after showing up for a big game.

In college basketball they say fans are the 6th man. Student fans are really the 6th man. Fans as old as ours are more 9th-10th man. We make a little noise but a small fraction of what engaged students do.

It will be interesting to see if Villanova students turn out this year for what may be a very mediocre season. When winning they occupied the entire section behind one basket from baseline to the rafters of the
You spoke with someone yesterday about the MSG only package? I haven't received anything on that yet and I had the MSG season ticket package last year. Do you have a contact point for me on that?
No i spoke about my full season tix. I think they work sequentially. Complete full season renewals, then seat locs on renewals, then full season new subscribers, then msg only

Back