Season Tickets

Rhode Scholar? Not I. I was the first in my family to go to college also. In fact, I was the first one to even to to high School.The first time my daughter called, I asked how it was going. Se said she was adapting and making friends. I half joking asked if she went to the football game on Saturday. Everybody's in the library on Saturdays. That was such a good feeling remembering how I totally overdid it initially. BTW, NO Rhodes Scholarship for me but happy to inform you she's been accepted to Georgetown Law.
" attack the educational achievements of kids doing the best they can?" WTF are you talking about?
55,000 thousand students at a football game? GOODBYE to your entire Saturday. But if that's what parents accept, hope the kids have a blast.
You don't know the meaning of ugly. Ugly is standing and blocking the entrance to a particular school because of the attendees. That's ugly my man, not going to a football game.

If you don’t think college kids who are dedicated students but also like sports - or simply have school spirit - can’t figure out a way to enjoy a 3 hour football game and also adequately prepare for their classes, you need to learn the “work smarter, not harder” mantra.

Kudos to your daughter - fantastic accomplishment and you should be very proud. That said, there is more than one path to a successful life and suggesting those kids going to the football game aren’t on that path is small-minded at best. There’s no need for disparaging kids of schools just bc they support the school they go to on a saturday

I will be renewing but due to back issues, won't be attending any CA games. If anyone is interested in just a CA package PM me. My seats are Sec 9/Row U/ Seats 1+2(aisle). I will also probably not be able to make a few MSG games and will offer those tix first to anyone who takes CA tickets. Those seats are really good:Sec 118/Row 21/Seats 1+2. Aisle, right next to exit.

They really don't deserve much credit to show up when its a very hot ticket

Oh restated. I get annoyed when they don't show up after showing up for a big game.

In college basketball they say fans are the 6th man. Student fans are really the 6th man. Fans as old as ours are more 9th-10th man. We make a little noise but a small fraction of what engaged students do.
As a student the last 5 years I'd like to comment on this.

Last year was obviously the best student turnout in a long while. Good product on the court gets people in seats. I can't really blame anyone for not spending the money to watch us lose in the Garden every time. As long as the winning continues, the students will show up.

Some other problems with getting students to MSG games includes:
  • Seating Assignment: There are a lot of problems with students not being able to sit with their friends because they have a "GA8" ticket as opposed to a "GA2" ticket (and vice versa), and even though its general admission, the MSG ushers do not let you sit in that section unless you have the proper general admission ticket. The ushers have even begun touching your phone to make sure you are not showing a screenshot of a ticket. This would make more sense if the sections were fully packed but with a bunch of empty seats on each side its just a nuisance.
  • Transportation: the Redzone buses are very limited. Only like 150 students and the transportation is only one way. I personally didn't mind taking public transport there and back but for some students they would rather transportation to and from MSG.
  • Schedule: Out of everyone's control but weekday and winter break games are the emptiest for students. Not really sure what a solution to this could be other than giving students free tickets so they'd be more inclined to go?
  • Commuters and Greek Life: There needs to be more effort to get these groups to come to games. Greek life especially, there's no reason to not have 75% plus of the frats and sororities at the games. There is definitely a way to get the frats and sororities more involved.
I would also like to see something similar to how the Red White Club has something before games. The school/Storm Marketing/ Redzone can organize something for students to gather pregame.

Apologies for the essay. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the student experience.

Last year was obviously the best student turnout in a long while. Good product on the court gets people in seats. I can't really blame anyone for not spending the money to watch us lose in the Garden every time. As long as the winning continues, the students will show up.

• Seating Assignment: There are a lot of problems with students not being able to sit with their friends because they have a "GA8" ticket as opposed to a "GA2" ticket (and vice versa), and even though its general admission, the MSG ushers do not let you sit in that section unless you have the proper general admission ticket. The ushers have even begun touching your phone to make sure you are not showing a screenshot of a ticket. This would make more sense if the sections were fully packed but with a bunch of empty seats on each side its just a nuisance.
  • Transportation: the Redzone buses are very limited. Only like 150 students and the transportation is only one way. I personally didn't mind taking public transport there and back but for some students they would rather transportation to and from MSG.
  • Schedule: Out of everyone's control but weekday and winter break games are the emptiest for students. Not really sure what a solution to this could be other than giving students free tickets so they'd be more inclined to go?
  • Commuters and Greek Life: There needs to be more effort to get these groups to come to games. Greek life especially, there's no reason to not have 75% plus of the frats and sororities at the games. There is definitely a way to get the frats and sororities more involved.
I would also like to see something similar to how the Red White Club has something before games. The school/Storm Marketing/ Redzone can organize something for students to gather pregame.

Apologies for the essay. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the student experience.
Good synopsis.
I know PC has transportation to and from games if students need it. They also had general admission for students but they had to line up outside the Dunk about 3 hours before game time to get best seats. Doors opened for students about 1 1/2 hours before game.
Don't know how rest of BE schools work transportation or seating.

The General Administration ticket should be for any of those sections that were set aside.

The General Administration ticket should be for any of those sections that were set aside.
I agree. Instead what happens, for example, is if you buy season tickets and get tickets to one section, your friends who buy individually will be put in the other section and you won't be able to sit together unless you manipulate the system

Some basic comments. Winning does solve a lot, but even in our ncaa years since 2010 (Lavin 2, Mullin 1) student attendance has been fair.

Buses to the Garden wont happen. All other fans commute in via subway or LIRR. Perhaps shuttle buses to Kew Gardens subway or Jamaica LIRR would help. Hofstra provides shuttle buses daily to mineola, even though Hempstead LIRR is a lot closer.

Red White pregames are pretty pricey and only offered to fans donsting $4000 or more. These are usually packed at the garden and the school makes nothing off those pregames.

There has been an incredibly loyal following of maybe mostly the same 250 students who come to almost all games when school is in session.

I believe tickets at CA are free for students and msg tix are under $20. Pretty great price to be courtside.

Pretty sure this season students will show if we are ranked.

Some basic comments. Winning does solve a lot, but even in our ncaa years since 2010 (Lavin 2, Mullin 1) student attendance has been fair.

Buses to the Garden wont happen. All other fans commute in via subway or LIRR. Perhaps shuttle buses to Kew Gardens subway or Jamaica LIRR would help. Hofstra provides shuttle buses daily to mineola, even though Hempstead LIRR is a lot closer.

Red White pregames are pretty pricey and only offered to fans donsting $4000 or more. These are usually packed at the garden and the school makes nothing off those pregames.

There has been an incredibly loyal following of maybe mostly the same 250 students who come to almost all games when school is in session.

I believe tickets at CA are free for students and msg tix are under $20. Pretty great price to be courtside.

Pretty sure this season students will show if we are ranked.
Agreed. It’s a sad state when we have to give free or cheap tix, free transportation and a pre game party to get students to attend games. When we were students, anyone recall that being necessary. Students used to jump in a car and drive to Palestra and elsewhere to see games. Winning cures all.

Has anyone had communication with tix department? I’ve yet to hear anything after multiple outreaches. I was a season ticket holder last year for first time and now plan on doing MSG only this year.

They really need to be and do better. At this point I may just buy individual tickets when they go on sale.

Has anyone had communication with tix department? I’ve yet to hear anything after multiple outreaches. I was a season ticket holder last year for first time and now plan on doing MSG only this year.

They really need to be and do better. At this point I may just buy individual tickets when they go on sale.
Check you myjohnnies account. There is likely an invoice and ticket info there

I will be renewing but due to back issues, won't be attending any CA games. If anyone is interested in just a CA package PM me. My seats are Sec 9/Row U/ Seats 1+2(aisle). I will also probably not be able to make a few MSG games and will offer those tix first to anyone who takes CA tickets. Those seats are really good:Sec 118/Row 21/Seats 1+2. Aisle, right next to exit.
Turns out there's a chance that my friend and I, due to too many schedule conflicts, may not be renewing after all. I'll know for certain by next week. If anyone is interested in my package send me a PM. 2 seats(see locations above) and price is slightly under $1,200 per seat. I'll let you know exact price when you send me PM.

Turns out there's a chance that my friend and I, due to too many schedule conflicts, may not be renewing after all. I'll know for certain by next week. If anyone is interested in my package send me a PM. 2 seats(see locations above) and price is slightly under $1,200 per seat. I'll let you know exact price when you send me PM.
I tried sending you a pm. Not sure if you received. I'm interested.

Monte if you give up the tickets and want to catch a game let me know, I often have a spare

I’m in 108

Fine, if DK makes his way to 108 I will haul my way all the way across the aisle to say hi.

BTW I wonder - is the guy who screams at Hurley during the UConn games actually Mullins Revenge? Stranger things have happened...

I don't see the MSG-only plan available on my jonnies. How did you get it? Thanks.
The tickets aren't in my account yet, they said they'd send instructions but didn't get it yet.

MSG only plans are now available?
Yeah. It seems like they're starting now (although I know it's not on the website). After not doing season tickets, I asked about MSG-only tickets and got them.

Back