Season Tickets

If we're being honest, I'm sure there are people who just assume that area of Brooklyn isn't great, so they avoid exploring the area. It's actually really nice. And even UConn when they played there during the NCAA tournament hosted events for their fans at local bars.
McMahon's on 4th Avenue is basically a block and a quarter away and it's packed for any events there. Our alumni held events there for our games. Bunch of other restaurants and bars around there as well.

Of course, when I worked on Fulton Street in 1976 after graduation, not sure if I would have ventured far away.

I lived in the neighborhood for 10 years back in the day. Back then 4th was a seedy and 5th seedy adjacent but now 5th ave is the coolest street in NY according to Time Out. Lots of restaurants in short walking distance. I see my old local sports bar 200 5th is closed but it's now an italian place. I know a few of you are always looking for Italian food. Maybe they play there next year and you can check it out.

McMahon's on 4th Avenue is basically a block and a quarter away and it's packed for any events there. Our alumni held events there for our games. Bunch of other restaurants and bars around there as well.

Of course, when I worked on Fulton Street in 1976 after graduation, not sure if I would have ventured far away.
When I worked In downtown Brooklyn off Jay Street after graduation in 1985 until 1990, I would not have ventured that far away. We ventured into Brooklyn Heights and that was pretty much it. Now, a much different story.

When do we think game times will be announced so we can get the tickets in our ticketmaster accounts? (I have student tickets so I'm not sure if regular season ticket holders got theirs yet)

Looking at the schedule again, we may have two Fox Friday night games: @ Providence in December and @ UConn in February. Both will be great for ratings and exposure for the program. Obviously depends on what Fox plans on doing with Big 12 match-ups as well but UConn/STJ seems like a no brainer

Looking at the schedule again, we may have two Fox Friday night games: @ Providence in December and @ UConn in February. Both will be great for ratings and exposure for the program. Obviously depends on what Fox plans on doing with Big 12 match-ups as well but UConn/STJ seems like a no brainer
Regarding Big 12 matchups, Fox/FS1 will cover Big East home games and ESPN/2 will cover Big XII home games.

Some guy in here got pissed at me for saying we were right around 8,000 or at least above just last week. The waiting list was wicked long due to the schedule delay so let's say we're closer to 9,000 with almost 2,000 student season tickets. We should've played more than 7 in the Garden. S***, we only played 8 in the Garden last season with other games played in every arena within 25 miles. If we can draw this well, the, we can play 12 in the Garden easy. Why screw any BIG EAST team? Look how many BIG east teams play all their conference games off campus, and we have the worst gym in the conference.

Some guy in here got pissed at me for saying we were right around 8,000 or at least above just last week. The waiting list was wicked long due to the schedule delay so let's say we're closer to 9,000 with almost 2,000 student season tickets. We should've played more than 7 in the Garden. S***, we only played 8 in the Garden last season with other games played in every arena within 25 miles. If we can draw this well, the, we can play 12 in the Garden easy. Why screw any BIG EAST team? Look how many BIG east teams play all their conference games off campus, and we have the worst gym in the conference.
I'm very skeptical of these numbers. What were the season ticket numbers in the past? Carnesecca Arena only holds 5K, so how could they have sold 8K season tickets?

I'm very skeptical of these numbers. What were the season ticket numbers in the past? Carnesecca Arena only holds 5K, so how could they have sold 8K season tickets?

new math

Same way I'm collecting rent on 10 extra bedrooms I don't have.

But seriously I assume Tom is referring to a list of folks who have indicated interest in an MSG season ticket package although to call it a wait list is pretty disingenuous since I don't believe those have even gone on sale yet and interest and purchase are two different animals.

Last edited:
new math

Same way I'm collecting rent on 10 extra bedrooms I don't have.

But seriously I assume Tom is referring to a list of folks who have indicated interest in an MSG season ticket package although to call it a wait list is pretty disingenuous since I don't believe those have even gone on sale yet and interest and purchase are two different animals.
Yes. My guess is that they have to sell these limited remaining full season packages before they can even deal with "MSG only."

These people are HORRENDOUS at what they do - mom and pop operation.

I've sent emails, called, and heard nothing of substance. Best I got was, "there was a delay with season ticket sales."

You'd think they'd send information that season tickets are on sale again. Nope. I had to find out through an internet forum.

They need to tighten up, regardless of demand, because the truth is, they are riding the Pitino hype, and are a bit arrogant with their approach.

There are NO guarantees the hype and demand lasts forever.

I've sent emails, called, and heard nothing of substance. Best I got was, "there was a delay with season ticket sales."

You'd think they'd send information that season tickets are on sale again. Nope. I had to find out through an internet forum.

They need to tighten up, regardless of demand, because the truth is, they are riding the Pitino hype, and are a bit arrogant with their approach.

While the ticket department is understaffed with only one ft employee and the rest student workers, Meliss has always been friendly, polite and responsive.

She has been really underwater planning a reseating but sju canceled the seatback install for this season - there were delays in starting beyond the school's control so it's off until next year.

I deal with her via direct email at this time of year and she often responds that she's not up to what im asking for yet.

In past seasons Mike Cragg got directly involved with ticket problems, and we will see what approach Kull takes. Obviously he hasn't started yet, but I'm confident he will do well here.

Who were you emailing? PM me and if i can help I will.

Yeah the person I was in touch with *since May* left the company back in August and never passed my account over to someone else. So I had to email/call them again, and now of course I can’t get grouped with my buddies. A mess

Back