Season Tickets

Yeah it would be good to see the win% for conference games at CA l.

I think in CMAs last year he lost 5 conference games at CA so that can’t help lol.
Using their 23-24 media guide + only schools from new BE:

Connecticut 11-0
DePaul 9-4
Marquette 5-4
Providence 21-10
Seton Hall 22-3
Xavier 3-3
Butler 5-3
Creighton 5-5
Georgetown 7-2
Villanova 15-6
-----------------
103-40, 72%

I am still skeptical of how meaningful this stat is. UConn hasn't played CA since 1990 -- the first time they won a share of the Big East title. We all know that we don't play the best opponents there -- how many of these games were we favored in? I sincerely don't remember one game at Carnesecca where we've come away thinking "homecourt really won us this game." I think this is Pitino spin zone that many people have fell for hook/line/sinker.

Case in point:

Games against ranked opponents at CA since 2000:
Jan. 22 No. 9/9 Boston College (CA) L 73-79
Jan. 22 No. 25/RV Cincinnati (CA) L, 51-53
Dec. 29 No. 13/13 Butler (CA) W, 76-73
Jan. 4 No. 10/10 Creighton (CA) L, 85-72
Jan. 30 No. 6/6 Xavier (CA) L, 73-68
Jan. 1 No. 16/18 Marquette (CA) W, 89-69
Dec. 31 No. 11/10 Butler (CA) L, 58-60
Feb. 1 No. 15/15 Providence (CA) L, 82-96

2-6, 33%.

I put in the games against ranked opponents at MSG since 2000, record was 20-38, winning 34.5%.

Last edited:

Connecticut 11-0
DePaul 9-4
Marquette 5-4
Providence 21-10
Seton Hall 22-3
Xavier 3-3
Butler 5-3
Creighton 5-5
Georgetown 7-2
Villanova 15-6
-----------------
103-40, 72%

I am still skeptical of how meaningful this stat is. UConn hasn't played CA since 1990 -- the first time they won a share of the Big East title. We all know that we don't play the best opponents there -- how many of these games were we favored in? I sincerely don't remember one game at Carnesecca where we've come away thinking "homecourt really won us this game." I think this is Pitino spin zone that many people have fell for hook/line/sinker.

Case in point:

2-6.

Could you please provide years? Thanks much.

Connecticut 11-0
DePaul 9-4
Marquette 5-4
Providence 21-10
Seton Hall 22-3
Xavier 3-3
Butler 5-3
Creighton 5-5
Georgetown 7-2
Villanova 15-6
-----------------
103-40, 72%

Case in point:

2-6.
This is awesome. Thank you. A 2-6 record certainly isn’t great but I wonder what our % is in that time at MSG. You don’t have to figure that out lol.

Boston College, Miami, Va tech, Cinci, Rutgers and some Pitt and WVU teams were usually BE CA games before they left.

This is awesome. Thank you. A 2-6 record certainly isn’t great but I wonder what our % is in that time at MSG. You don’t have to figure that out lol.

Boston College, Miami, Va tech, Cinci, Rutgers and some Pitt and WVU teams were usually BE CA games before they left.
I edited it with MSG #s too. Procrastination and ChatGPT are a match made in heaven for something like this. lol

I edited it with MSG #s too. Procrastination and ChatGPT are a match made in heaven for something like this. lol
So against those other old BE teams they were 74% at CA

BC 16-7
Miami 9-2
Cinci 1-2
Pitt 13-3
Rutgers 5-2
South Florida 4-0
Cuse 9-5
Va tech 4-1
Wvu 6-2
67 - 24 = 74%

Combined that’s 170-64 and 73%.

Pretty solid. Hard to have a true answer without the real opponents.

I don't know what goes into the schedule, so I can't comment on this stuff. What I will say is that UBS and Barclays have proven to be a waste of time. Give me MSG for a bunch of good matchups, and then I have no problem playing others in Carnesecca. I love MSG and had a MSG-only package for the first time last year, but when we pack Carnesecca that place is difficult for opposing teams. Rather than lament the location, I hope that place is packed to the rafters with a rowdy fan base supporting these kids against a quality opponent.
I find it amusing that playing games at UBS has proven to be a complete failure, when considering at this time last year, many on here were clamoring for more of the schedule to be at UBS. I suspect those individuals all live on Long Island.

I find it amusing that playing games at UBS has proven to be a complete failure, when considering at this time last year, many on here were clamoring for more of the schedule to be at UBS. I suspect those individuals all live on Long Island.
Playing Devil’s Advocate, why the poor showing at Barclays? The LIRR Atlantic Terminal is basically across the street and you have a subway entrance right in front of the building and 9 subway lines end up right there you can use the entrance in front of it to access most of those lines.

Playing Devil’s Advocate, why the poor showing at Barclays? The LIRR Atlantic Terminal is basically across the street and you have a subway entrance right in front of the building and 9 subway lines end up right there you can use the entrance in front of it to access most of those lines.
I actually had a good experience attending the BC game there other than the result. Of course we were up visiting my daughter who lives within walking distance which helped, but had a nice pre-game meal close by and great seats.

I actually had a good experience attending the BC game there other than the result. Of course we were up visiting my daughter who lives within walking distance which helped, but had a nice pre-game meal close by and great seats.
I get that UBS can be a pain with only Mainline LIRR trains (Ronkonkoma, Huntington/Port Jeff, Hempstead and Oyster Bay) giving you direct access without “backtracking” at Jamaica (Babylon, Far Rock, Long Beach, West Hempstead) or Woodside (Port Washington), no subway access, a slow and painful bus ride and ridiculous parking fees (even more so than near Barclays or MSG).

I have been to several Nets games (a friend has season tickets), St. John’s games, several concerts and even an Islander game (work outing), leaving from work (one of the aforementioned subway lines) or home (LIRR) and it is easy peasy. I have been to worst venues, I really thought it would draw better.

20/20 Hindsight. Befire last season there was one men's basketball game ever at UBS, vs. Kansas and the problems there were thought to be correctable (e.g. distance to the.court behind one basket).

At CA my seats are 7 rows off the court. The "same" seats at UBS were very far from the court. The Kansas game was not part of the season ticket package and didnt have the feel of a home game.

UBS if you haven't been there, is a beautiful arena for hockey and concerts. The parking is mostly far from the arena and the LIRR is a hike though there are shuttle buses. All in all it would rewuire a lot of fixes and even with that many fans find it annoying to pay to.park for a home court game when CA is free and UBS charges about $40.

Some schools have $100 million plus donors (Bloomberg at hopkins, Langone at NYU). While we have some amazingly generous 8 figure donors, im sure we have never had a donation of that size that could fix our arena problem.

Good question that I don't have an answer to. I actually like Barclays. Was it mentioned previously that tickets to those games weren't included in the season ticket package?

20/20 Hindsight. Befire last season there was one men's basketball game ever at UBS, vs. Kansas and the problems there were thought to be correctable (e.g. distance to the.court behind one basket).

At CA my seats are 7 rows off the court. The "same" seats at UBS were very far from the court. The Kansas game was not part of the season ticket package and didnt have the feel of a home game.

UBS if you haven't been there, is a beautiful arena for hockey and concerts. The parking is mostly far from the arena and the LIRR is a hike though there are shuttle buses. All in all it would rewuire a lot of fixes and even with that many fans find it annoying to pay to.park for a home court game when CA is free and UBS charges about $40.

Some schools have $100 million plus donors (Bloomberg at hopkins, Langone at NYU). While we have some amazingly generous 8 figure donors, im sure we have never had a donation of that size that could fix our arena problem.
You're right, and my post was a bit harsh. I think I just have something against Long Island lol

Rothstein has Kansas St. finishing 8th in their conference. Maybe yukon got lucky avoiding them. Their starting 2G came off the bench for nova.
Projected Starters: G Dug McDaniel, Brendan Hausen, F Coleman Hawkins, F Achor Achor, C Ugonna Onyenso
Opening line should be interesting. 6 point favorites?
7-0, 6-10,6-9.

Zuby, Prey, Luis?

Last edited:
Back