RJ Luis

Lololololololol. It’s true I don’t know once poster including me who has developed since we started posting and in both our cases it’s like 25 years. God help humanity if they depended on us :)
Speak for yourself. My comedy and sarcasm (which everyone else defines as trolling) has developed and been perfected throughout the years.

Why do we always have to be beating one of our players to death on this board? Jenkins took his turn in the barrel until he proved he’s our most valuable player, then Soriano for his mid-season swoon, Dingle for most of the season for not scoring 25 a game, Ledlum for not being 6’8, and now we’re murdering Luis after playing through shin splints for 18 games.

Sure hope we beat Butler so this place can keep its glowing positivity.

(Although we spend more energy swooning over guys who aren’t even here this year.)

Redmen.com/Redfans will never be known except for Carmine as jumping on a grenade for someone :)

We turn quicker than a traffic roundabout
As a side note, whoever created the roundabout had never driven. No way would anyone connect roads using dopey circles causing a type of mass road trypophobia.

I obviously have my doubts about Luis’ fit here, but for the sake of the team, player and fans do hope he plays very well at both ends of court down the stretch and let the chips fall where they may. Btw, I don’t take Rick’s somewhat hyperbolic statements pro and con about players too seriously.

Since we have now picked up Luis along the way and put him next to Posh, we are still short one player from “Posh, Luis, and ?, oh my…”

And if anyone had not noticed, we are as jumpy and scattered as Dorothy.

Last edited:
Sir Dominic Pointer is Exhibit A as to why you're wrong.
Many have pointed to Russ Smith as a prime example of an undisciplined player who our current coach turned into a key guy on a national championship team. If coach thinks Luis' talents can be harnessed in a way that can make him a key piece next year, I'll trust the coach on that. Time will tell.

I obviously have my doubts about Luis’ fit here, but for the sake of the team, player and fans do hope he plays very well at both ends of court down the stretch and let the chips fall where they may. Btw, I don’t take Rick’s somewhat hyperbolic statements pro and con about players too seriously.
I would not rule out him playing well and contributing down the stretch, but not do I expect it and do not think we need it in order of us to run the tables and make the tournament.

I expect Rick will play him but keep him on a very short leash.

I would not rule out him playing well and contributing down the stretch, but not do I expect it and do not think we need it in order of us to run the tables and make the tournament.

I expect Rick will play him but keep him on a very short leash.
I agree he is not a “must performer” in running table and frankly I still sense he will not return.

Replacing imo him is far easier than shoring up our interior and adding a PG via portal.

Since we have now picked up Luis along the way and put him next to Posh, we are still short one player from “Posh, Luis, and ?, oh my…”

And if anyone had not noticed, we are as jumpy and scattered as Dorothy.
How about Jenkins, Posh and Luis, oh my!

Rick is a practice junkie and it is a huge piece of how much time you get on the court. Guys who don’t fully engage in practice, defend in games and respond to game plan specifics don’t position themselves well for future “Pitino World”. Imo it is more about substance than flash.

and I guess Mullin’s Revenge is too young to remember David Cain who did nothing for 3 years except turn the ball over and had a tremendous senior season. Age doesn’t matter as much as experience.
Or too young to remember Alph Bangura or a plethora of other players who looked great in the uniform, had pro bodies and athleticism but who had low bb IQ, poor fundamentals and were not basketball players. These players can make great athletic plays or moves, but are not consistent and are net negatives on the floor. I am willing to trust RP but I have seen this before (too often); hopefully I will be proven wrong. If RP is going to be a portal guru, it is hard t believe he can't do better (ie, a guy who is just as athletic BUT who can play the game more proficiently). For now, let's just win games.

Back