RJ Luis

Idk the sir som comparison is right. Dom always played within himself. I don’t recall him ever ‘hurting’ the team as RJ does. And Dom was always valued for his D. I can’t with sincerity point to one thing RJ does great that makes the team better….
I don’t remember this bring the case many times his first 3 years.

Idk the sir som comparison is right. Dom always played within himself. I don’t recall him ever ‘hurting’ the team as RJ does. And Dom was always valued for his D. I can’t with sincerity point to one thing RJ does great that makes the team better….
you're right- their sophomore stats don't compare. Think RJ contributes more in 7 less mpg....

Regardless- the potential/talent is there... i think we can agree on that atleast. And if I were to hand pick one Coach to help "mold" him... trim away those "bonehead" plays... it be the guy we have on the sideline right now.

Last edited:
Some of you all need to get off RJ’s sack. I’ve never seen a player have more read into him by his so called fanbase with little to no evidence than him and I’m not talking about stats or even his level of play. Pitino has rep for developing players let him develop this player who has talent. We best be bringing in a portal class that catapults us into the top ten the way some of ya all talking so big.

I don’t remember this bring the case many times his first 3 years.
100%. He was a polarizing player his first 3 years because he was often a square peg in a round hole on the offensive end and when playing with different combinations could be a real liability because of his lack of outside shooting. Which then forced him to do some wild undisciplined stuff. The defensive effort was always there, even if the technique wasn’t.

It took 3 years for him to breakout as the all BE player he became as a senior.

Basketball skill set aside, I’m just not confident that he will ever be fully healthy to make a difference. The shin splints problem has also occurred prior to this season and seems to be a chronic condition. There is really no corrective cure other than resting the legs. Throwing valuable NIL dollars his way may be a risky investment!

Some of you all need to get off RJ’s sack. I’ve never seen a player have more read into him by his so called fanbase with little to no evidence than him and I’m not talking about stats or even his level of play. Pitino has rep for developing players let him develop this player who has talent. We best be bringing in a portal class that catapults us into the top ten the way some of ya all talking so big.
The negativity is bizarre to me. Almost as ridiculous as the Jenkins criticism which goes to another level. RJ has had a bundle of health/ physical issues. Who even knows how much pain he is playing with. Does he play with reckless abandon sometimes, perhaps, but how do you know that Pitino is not encouraging him to do so. Obviously if Pitino is a good coach, he wouldn’t allow a player to remain on the court if he wasn’t doing what he wanted. And since we all agree that Pitino knows what he is doing, he sees great promise in Luis and must want him doing what he’s currently doing on the court.

We don't even know if he wants to come back. And whether an NIL raise is only reason he'd want to come back. And whether his parents got mad when Pitino said the way they want to deal with his shin splints wasn't working.

There are just too many moving pieces with the portal. Does he deserve more NIL based on what we've seen? (He was definitely shopping himself before he circled back around and committed.) Does Taylor fit better with the guys who we think we'll land?

We don't even know if he wants to come back. And whether an NIL raise is only reason he'd want to come back. And whether his parents got mad when Pitino said the way they want to deal with his shin splints wasn't working.

There are just too many moving pieces with the portal. Does he deserve more NIL based on what we've seen? (He was definitely shopping himself before he circled back around and committed.) Does Taylor fit better with the guys who we think we'll land?
Right questions abound and doubt anyone knows the answers at this point.

Basketball skill set aside, I’m just not confident that he will ever be fully healthy to make a difference. The shin splints problem has also occurred prior to this season and seems to be a chronic condition. There is really no corrective cure other than resting the legs. Throwing valuable NIL dollars his way may be a risky investment!
this is a fair concern.

Funny the Dom stuff comes up about Luis now. The other day I was thinking that it would be nice if Taylor sticks around and has a lite version of Dom's Sr season next year in his own Sr season. He basically had that in the Creighton game the other day so the ability is there just needs to do it on a consistent basis.

As for Luis I think a combination of his injuries, lack of practice time and just never getting into the flow of the offense has really stunted that freshman to sophomore leap. That said, Rick has been effusive in his praise of his potential the whole season and even in last week's Red Storm Report was talking about him specifically as one of the key pieces of the future. Weird that's turned sour so quickly

Funny the Dom stuff comes up about Luis now. The other day I was thinking that it would be nice if Taylor sticks around and has a lite version of Dom's Sr season next year in his own Sr season. He basically had that in the Creighton game the other day so the ability is there just needs to do it on a consistent basis.

As for Luis I think a combination of his injuries, lack of practice time and just never getting into the flow of the offense has really stunted that freshman to sophomore leap. That said, Rick has been effusive in his praise of his potential the whole season and even in last week's Red Storm Report was talking about him specifically as one of the key pieces of the future. Weird that's turned sour so quickly
Turned sour on this board who knows how the parties involved are doing.

Our fan base never seems to understand that just because a player is who you are today does not mean they will be that player tomorrow. Kids develop. Not always, but enough that it's worth watching and seeing what happens instead of writing them off based on a bad game or half season or season.

Unlike some of our posters, young players are capable of learning and developing.

Our fan base never seems to understand that just because a player is who you are today does not mean they will be that player tomorrow. Kids develop. Not always, but enough that it's worth watching and seeing what happens instead of writing them off based on a bad game or half season or season.

Unlike some of our posters, young players are capable of learning and developing.
Lololololololol. It’s true I don’t know once poster including me who has developed since we started posting and in both our cases it’s like 25 years. God help humanity if they depended on us :)

Portal makes it easier than ever to write a kid off though.

Hes 21 already. This isnt some raw 18 year old true freshman.

He cant do basic things like dribble w/his head up and pass the ball.

There is 0 chance Luis returns. He kills the offense everytime he touches the ball. Its embarrassing to watch.

Pitino and our NIL will bring in kids 10x better then Luis.

Back