Rangers 23-24

Carolina said all the right things after game 3 and found a way to beat Shesturkin so far tonight.

I literally just said to Nathalie as soon as they flashed the 0-16 on the power play this series that we were screwed

It was deflected on the way in I think, maybe by a Ranger. Good game, bad result. Carolina is very good and after losing 8 straight playoff games by one goal, you just hope they are not due for a change in fortune.

One weird aspect to me, I thought the Rangers pretty clearly got the better of sustained territorial play in the 2nd and 3rd periods but Carolina was able to get the late goal. Kind of a reversal of the first 3 games. Hopefully they can continue that in game 5.

Carolina is a damn good hockey team. Sometimes you have to give the opponent credit.
For sure, hard to argue they have not been the better team virtually all series.
I posted above how impressed I was with their press conference after game 3, very professional, no excuses, but still conveying what I read as a genuine level of confidence they were capable of coming back.

Just got a call from a buddy. He is flying down and got tickets so I will be in the house tomorrow night! If it doesn’t go well you know who to blame.

Last edited:
Rangers legitimately playing themselves into a legacy of being tainted with that worst of all sports descriptions, chokers. They lose this series they can lament going up 3-0 after the folderoo last year.

Back