Rangers 23-24

13-3-1, doing really good.

Should be 15-2 though. Blew a 3-0 at Minnesota, and a 2-0 lead at Dallas, who bull dozed the Rangers in the 3rd period.
That's how I am, can't get a bad game out of my head.

Got a 3-1 lead, gotta play a good 3rd period before thinking about Boston coming in tomorrow.

THE RANGERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 VS BOSTON BABY, and now tied with them, but we got 21 wins to their 19.

I want a freaking championship, last ny team to win it all was 2012 with the Giants, to damn freaking long.

I'm probably one of the most intense nuts when it comes to my teams. NY needs a championship and something to celebrate dammit.

5-1 Win @ NJ, just to easy.

And just like 9 straight baby!!!

Rangers looking dominant, Knicks were starting to kick ass until they got the injury bug, now getting everyone back.

I want a repeat of 94, only this time not only the Rangers win the whole thing but also the Knicks.
Icing on the cake would be the Yanks winning the WS only moonths after.

NYC would have sports on lock, then you know that would put pressure on Rick.
He would say to himself nah screw this, the pro teams are winning championships and I'm gonna be left out? That's not happening.

Motivation is a great thing. He sees parades parades going up 5th Ave, that would make it even worse for him, he'd be burning inside to get a championship as SJU coach, and have SJU going up 5th Ave.

That is our dream as SJU fans, to celebrate a NC going up 5th AVe.

Can Rick make that happen, it would be so surreal.

YEAHHHHHH
Rangers 2 Philly 1

10 straight wins ties franchise record. Just business like baby, keep it rolling!!!!!!

On to Columbus

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!! BEAT BOSTON TONIGHT.

I hate the Rangers so I don't know where they are playing for potential NHL record-tying or -breaking win, but if they are home, get tickets.

I was there when the Islanders broke the league record. It was more than 40 years ago and I still remember how much time was on the clock when Tonelli scored the game winner. The noise alone will be worth it if you take a chance on tickets and you are there for it.

I hate the Rangers so I don't know where they are playing for potential NHL record-tying or -breaking win, but if they are home, get tickets.

I was there when the Islanders broke the league record. It was more than 40 years ago and I still remember how much time was on the clock when Tonelli scored the game winner. The noise alone will be worth it if you take a chance on tickets and you are there for it.
Think Edmonton recently either came close tied or broke it at around 17-18 so Rangers have long way to go.

Think Edmonton recently either came close tied or broke it at around 17-18 so Rangers have long way to go.
I know Pittsburgh broke Islanders' record but not the rabid fan I was as a kid, so yes, if Oilers did break it then Rangers have 7 or 8 more games to go.

Unlike two of those teams (and one TBD), the Islanders actually won the cup the year of their streak. 😎
Yep.

Bossy, Potvin, Trottier, Smith, Gilles, Nystrom among the rest.

They were a dynasty from 79-83, glad I was to young to remember them. :)

Oh and by the way POTVIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

110pnts with 4 to play, 5pnts up on Carolina with also 4 to play, we'll win the division.
Boston has 107pnts with 4 to go.
The Stars are the best in the west with 105pnts....I want the Presidents trophy.

In the unique math of the NHL, points percentage is as close as we can come to winning percentage, and the Rangers — in business since 1926 — have never had a points percentage higher than 70 percent.

They came close twice. In both 1970-71 (49-18-11) and ’71-’72 (48-17-13) they finished at .699. Even the three Rangers teams who’ve won the Presidents’ Trophy since it was created in 1986 didn’t get there — the 1991-92 team going 50-25-5 (.656), the ’93-’94 team going 52-24-8 (.667) and the 2014-15 squad finishing at 53-22-7 (.689).

Islanders done it once.
Knicks done it twice.
Yanks 3 times.
The Giants only did it one time in the 65 years they occupied upper Manhattan, in 1885 (85-27, .759)
The Dodgers won 13 pennants in the 64 years they played in Brooklyn, beginning in 1884; the closest they came was 1899 (101-47, .682) and 1953 (105-49, .682).
even the ’86 Mets fell well short by only winning two-thirds of their games (108-54, .667).

Because of the short schedule
Giants actually have done it 19 times in their 99 years.
the Jets have done it three times

Nice come from behind win vs. the Isles.

1pnt away from getting the #1 seed in the east.
We heat Carolina 2 out of 3 and have more wins.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nice come from behind win vs. the Isles.

1pnt away from getting the #1 seed in the east.
We heat Carolina 2 out of 3 and have more wins.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Glad game was played straight up no need for any mayhem based off a couple of questionable Islander hits in previous game. The hit on Mika was purely incidental as Mika was not looking straight ahead and actually caused the collision with Puloch. The other hit wasn't called a penalty but was questionable as a boarding penalty on Trochek. Thought Laviolette made much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Back