NIL’s

According to coach Pitino “If the name on the front prospers, the name on the back will as well”. Well with NIL, Well in the world of NIL, that statement may not hold water anymore. Many players from lower conferences on teams with mediocre records are doing quite well for themselves. Take Mr. Omoruyi who played for a mediocre Rutgers team, how did he fair on the open market?

Look for more kids to showcase their talents for the good of their individual stars as college errrr professional basketball will continue to decline under these circumstances.

I f8nd it hard to feel.sorrybfor a kid who walked away from miami and a $9 million NIL deal to pursue a $13 million deal that was defaulted on. Do you think for a second that the 2nd deal wasn't dangled when he had already committed to Miami?

To me, when you involve individuals and businesses large and small to be responsible for paying athletes TO PLAY , and not for their name, image, and likeness (because for most athletes the NIL part isn't worth 1% of what they are being paid, then this stuff is going to happen.

The NCAA has decided to let fans be the financiers of paid athletes. The NCAA doesn't lose one penny of revenue, the kids get enriched, so the downside is a wild west lacking adequate controls.

Sad to say but Eff the greedy businessman alum who defaulted on payments, and eff the greedy kid who somehow thinks he DESERVES millions to be a college athlete.

The system sucks. I don't really care too much about how good we are next year because with the help.of one or two wealthy alums, we signed a million dollar player. In doing so, we just tossed the keys 🔑 of control to a tiny few people for the sole purpose of winning.

Honestly I will find it hard to follow through on major commitments (for me) to.support this operation. I'll do it, but without the system changing, I'm basically done.
Agree. For me, whatever excitement remains is solely because we have been down so long. Don’t think it will last very long.

Back