Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Didn't think Cragg/Shanley would accept accountability for flushing $10 million down the toilet for no reason. Clearly I was wrong and I'll be the first to admit it.
I think it was Shanley more than Cragg but honestly that’s just speculation but Shan has told people he wasn’t happy with the results he’s not such a place it close to the best guy not as diplomatic from what my limited interactions with him were. But like Ivsaid before I’m a Cragg fan

Thought it would work out. Unfortunate it did not. CMA is a class act, represented the program well, and seemingly worked hard to make this program better (and, yes, I know he was compensated significantly to do that, but so are all high major coaches, and we know from past experience there are plenty who don't). Wish him well.

Firing Anderson this quickly must make everyone at least somewhat confident that Pitino is a realistic option now.

Fr. Shanley just alerted college basketball that the days of dragging our feet and making a spectacle of the obvious is over.

Now let’s finish this new approach by going on a bullhorn and announce the hiring of Pitino.
Gotta think this was done as a pre-emptive strike due to the Georgetown opening. Either way I’m happy this wasn’t dragged out and maybe we get a coach who can coach. Hopefully we can keep the guys who want to stay and the guys that are coming in.

Gotta think this was done as a pre-emptive strike due to the Georgetown opening. Either way I’m happy this wasn’t dragged out and maybe we get a coach who can coach. Hopefully we can keep the guys who want to stay and the guys that are coming in.
Paying out an enormous buyout is not done unless there are parameters in place already for a big move.

I loved Coach Anderson as the face of the university. Decent people don't come around that often. Norm was also decent. Sadly, decency doesn't win in sports. While I'm sad for him...if any of you were offered ten million dollars to leave town, you'd all probably be at the Port Authority this afternoon. I know I would.
With $10M, don't think you go anywhere near the Port Authority!

Didn't think Cragg/Shanley would accept accountability for flushing $10 million down the toilet for no reason. Clearly I was wrong and I'll be the first to admit it.
Hopefully that money can be made up when we get NCAA tournament $ and make a profit in having games at or close to sell outs at MSG

Back