Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Although his success never materialized and his in game coaching was zilch. He never publicly embarrased the program From all that we see he was a nice guy and when nobody wanted the JOB he came in. Recruiting, from what we have seen he brought in decent players. Thank you Mike for your time and "we wish you all the best in your future endeavors"

Firing Anderson this quickly must make everyone at least somewhat confident that Pitino is a realistic option now.

Fr. Shanley just alerted college basketball that the days of dragging our feet and making a spectacle of the obvious is over.

Now let’s finish this new approach by going on a bullhorn and announce the hiring of Pitino.
He’s going big early you don’t wait. Who knows if it happens but Shanley wants to win now

Last edited:
I loved Coach Anderson as the face of the university. Decent people don't come around that often. Norm was also decent. Sadly, decency doesn't win in sports. While I'm sad for him...if any of you were offered ten million dollars to leave town, you'd all probably be at the Port Authority this afternoon. I know I would.

Back