Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Rothstein reporting that Texas Tech is interested in Pitino. I can't see Pitino being interested in going to wherever TT is located over staying in this area, except for avoiding high state income tax.

Does anybody know anything about the credibility of a guy named HallDan on Seton Hall website.

Said this morning that Anderson is out and Pitino is next SJU coach. Hearing it is a done deal

Here we go again. Let the coaching search begin.

It didn’t work but thanks Coach Anderson for all his efforts. It just wasn’t a fit. Good luck to him.
Completely agree with this. While he did not get us to any measure of success, he did acquit himself quite proudly as the face of the program. And he helped develop nicely some of our players. Good luck CMA

ding dong the coach is gone HORRAY.. Also good news is that SJU has been vetting Pitino. Fitting rick has a game tonight if they lose i expect pitno to be announced monday

Is golf even enjoyable in Texas the majority of the year? Can’t imagine summers on the course in Texas being as enjoyable. 🤞🏻

Firing Anderson this quickly must make everyone at least somewhat confident that Pitino is a realistic option now.

Fr. Shanley just alerted college basketball that the days of dragging our feet and making a spectacle of the obvious is over.

Now let’s finish this new approach by going on a bullhorn and announce the hiring of Pitino.

Compared to other recent firings, this one does feel bittersweet. In the sense we all knew it was time for him to go, but by all accounts CMA was a good man, the kids loved playing for him, and he put in maximum effort. I think we all wanted him to work out here, but obviously it was not. As far as the feelings after other firings of the past two decades:

Jarvis: Pretty sure he was unanimously hated by the end for his smug attitude and lack of results. We wanted him gone.

Norm: He got 6 years, and while he was a nice guy and tried hard, he was totally in over his head. No hard feelings about that one.

Lavin: Obviously this one will get a mixed reaction, as many felt he should have been retained.

Mullin: I believe the entire board unanimously wanted him gone. The effort just wasn't there.

Back