Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Kareem Reid could do things with the Ball in his hands that were sometimes , unreal . I think Showtime Hill was cut from that cloth too , but bad knee injuries kept Show from his best stuff . We never really saw a healthy Show .
I played against and with Kareem Reid in several exhibition games in 92-93. Same with shamgod wells. (Regis v. St. Rays and v. Lasalle). Just magicians with the ball. Both of them. If only they had come to queens.

Kareem Reid wasn't the best ball handler in the world, but he was the fastest player I ever saw with the ball end to end and that includes Iverson.

His entire game consisted of him getting a rebound, steal, in-bounds pass, etc. and running as fast as he could towards the hoop.

No one could stay in front of him. It was helter-skelter, controlled chaos.

And by the time he reached the hoop, he'd often get a layup or dump it off for someone else to get a layup.

Good to see him on campus with his mentor Mike Anderson.

Kareem Reid wasn't the best ball handler in the world, but he was the fastest player I ever saw with the ball end to end and that includes Iverson.

His entire game consisted of him getting a rebound, steal, in-bounds pass, etc. and running as fast as he could towards the hoop.

And by the time he reached the hoop, he'd often get a layup or dump it off for someone else to get a layup.

The times I saw Reid play, I came away more impressed with him than the times I saw Marbury play. Can't quite explain why because I think Marbury usually had 36 points every time I saw him. I guess Reid's style always seemed more exciting to me.

I dont remember him having a bad handle you might be right I just remember he was quick as hell

Yes. And, our new strength and conditioning coach has been sharing video of a lot of team members getting after it in the weight room. I am a believer that summer work pays dividends, so glad to see it!
If nothing else, the new guy seems to have the same level of social media enthusiasm as the last. Obviously, there’s much more to the job than that but it’s been nice to follow along.

Yes. And, our new strength and conditioning coach has been sharing video of a lot of team members getting after it in the weight room. I am a believer that summer work pays dividends, so glad to see it!
Brandon Kuhn is a beast. Dude has only been here a short period of time but he's got these guys WORKING. His experience from the U is showing.

Back