Mike Anderson - Former Coach

I heard from a connected East End guy that this does not get done without some Wall Street guys who came forward to offset the costs, and that they had no intention of offsetting costs for just any old name. Obviously the big name has been circulating, so hopefully it happens. He also heard Brey is super high on the list. Made it sound like he was No. 1A or No. 2. I asked about some other guys and he told me younger guys not in play at all. Not sure if that's a good thing. I guess we'll see soon enough if he was fed a line of BS.
I find it hard to believe that Brey is high on this list. He will be an uninspiring hire.

Basically another Anderson, just with opposite strengths. Not as good a recruiter, but runs a better system and is a good game coach.

I find it hard to believe that Brey is high on this list. He will be an uninspiring hire.

Basically another Anderson, just with opposite strengths. Not as good a recruiter, but runs a better system and is a good game coach.
I thought so too, but he is good buddies with Cragg. Obviously we hope if that's the top two that we don't get past No. 1.

I thought so too, but he is good buddies with Cragg. Obviously we hope if that's the top two that we don't get past No. 1.
Fr. Shanley look at that as a negative. Cragg was a big supporter of Anderson too, and we see how that turned out.

I heard from a connected East End guy that this does not get done without some Wall Street guys who came forward to offset the costs, and that they had no intention of offsetting costs for just any old name. Obviously the big name has been circulating, so hopefully it happens. He also heard Brey is super high on the list. Made it sound like he was No. 1A or No. 2. I asked about some other guys and he told me younger guys not in play at all. Not sure if that's a good thing. I guess we'll see soon enough if he was fed a line of BS.
Hope Pitino to SJU becomes one of those terribly kept secrets that are circulating all over the place next week kind of like how Willard to Maryland and Shaheen to SHU were during the tournament last year.

If Pitino and Iona go on a little run and make it to the 2nd weekend of the tournament I am scared a bigger school with deeper pockets will see that as him still having plenty of gas left in the tank and will one-up us. Of course at this point too Iona can still lose in their conference tournament and miss the NCAAs altogether.

Matt Langel should be the 2nd call here. If it really is Pitino or Brey as the next coach then this Pitino situation will really dictate if we become seriously relevant again or are stuck in this purgatory of mediocrity for another decade. So I fully expect Iona to pull two upsets and for Pitino to get a bigger offer from a football school somewhere.

Yeah I would think that if I am going to cough up dough to make up for a bad buyout (again I have no issue with the extension but you have to have a more reasonable buyout) I am only doing it for someone who is a can't miss.

for those who understand how this works...
if they pay the buyout... is CMA not allowed to Coach until 2027? or whenever his extension ran through?
Can they work out something out and say- here is 6mm - go Coach wherever?
SJU would want him to get another head coaching job, since whatever he made would offset the amount SJU has to pay him. In fact, most contracts require the fired coach to make a "good faith effort" to seek another job. But depending on the contract, CMA may only have to seek another job with a high-major team. If he couldn't land a high-major head coaching job and he didn't want to take a mid-major job, he could just say "I'm retiring for good, pay me the $11 million SJU." All depends on the contract.

This makes a lot of sense. If you are buying out the disgusting numbers being thrown around you go big time first

Well I hear from a guy who heard from a guy who knows a guy..... lol just saying going to hear all sorts of things now .

Tom in Sims immediately responded saying CMA is staying for the duration of his contract.
I've believed he was gone for a while when guys like Fordham and Paulz seemed convinced, but I can say right now that at this moment I am 1,000 percent confident that he's gone and that we will have a great coach in here. What does that mean to most of you? Absolutely nothing of course. But I'm happy nonetheless.

I've believed he was gone for a while when guys like Fordham and Paula seemed convinced, but I can say right now that at this moment I am 1,000 percent confident that he's gone and that we will have a great coach in here. What does that mean to most of you? Absolutely nothing of course. But I'm happy nonetheless.
Whole I kmow nothing of new hire CMA is gone in days

Back