Mike Anderson - Former Coach

the guy they hired had great success at La Tech, but has flamed out this year, as Tulsa is 5-12, 1-14 in conference.

Konkol, 45, came to Tulsa following seven seasons at LA Tech, where he compiled a 153-75 record. He won 46 games in his first two seasons, the most for any previous LA Tech head coach, and his 153 career victories is the third-highest win total in school history. Konkol’s teams produced six seasons with 20+ wins and finished among the top 3 in Conference USA standings five of his seven years.
wonder what he inherited, before it's claimed he flamed out.

I am pretty sure he gets paid more then Goff.
I have no doubt that he does, and my guess is by a substantial amount. For a school that's always crying poverty, they sure do throw $$$$ around freely. Guess it's easy to do when it's not your $$$ that you're throwing around.

I have no idea whether Cragg has done an overall good job as the AD. I know that he's done a horrible job with the basketball program. I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to give me a list of Cragg's accomplishments as AD. I'm not saying that he doesn't have any(or maybe he doesn't), I'd just like to know what they are. Oh and the fact that he's an upgrade(maybe) over Goff is not an "accomplishment". Besides, the basketball program did better under Goff.

Great and accurate article by Zach. Zach has been a support to Anderson and the program since he arrived so for him to suggest Anderson’s removal is based on the facts, not some sort of agenda. Zach is simply saying what should be quite evident to any “actual” fan of St. John’s., that Anderson needs to go.

Glad he had the onions to tell it like it is and not soft soap it. Such an article will add to the pressure of the school making the right decision as the school has been made to look bad if Anderson is not terminated at seasons end. Thank you Zach.

wonder what he inherited, before it's claimed he flamed out.
they were bad last year and are bad again this year. So the point is that it is not always about the coach being able to bring improvement to a season.

I still think there is a greater than 50% chance CMA stays here next year. If Pitino is off the table, what guarantee is there that the replacement will be better than Anderson? How does Shanley sell that to the BOT, given the enormous buyout?

I still think there is a greater than 50% chance CMA stays here next year. If Pitino is off the table, what guarantee is there that the replacement will be better than Anderson? How does Shanley sell that to the BOT, given the enormous buyout?
Anyone who can coach a lick of defense at any level would be better than what we've seen for a lot of this season.

You're either getting the job done or you're not, its pretty simple. If you are not getting the job done, then it is incumbent upon the President, AD and BOT to find a qualified replacement. If they give a damn at all about the basketball program.

Last edited:
CMA has a lot of friends in the business. And TJ has made his own connections over the years.

I don't think this is TJ's last ever job. Just his last high-major one for a while, if not ever.

Last edited:
Back