Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Here's the thing in my mind Monte. On the one hand, CMA does not inspire confidence from an x's and o's perspective, no doubt about that. You and I disagree about his ability to recruit Big East level talent. While I can't say he inspires my confidence that he is the ultimate answer, at this point if he can win 19 games this year I'd be hard pressed to say he should be let go. Thats a weasley answer I know.
NC Johnnie , not Weasley but , 11 wins against Frick and Frack , in OOC schedule , excluding Syracuse and now , 2 over DePaul, 1 over G’Town, 1 over Butler . But , 2 good wins over UCONN and PC. So far that is 14 wins vs the 19 you have projected gets him retained? And , the 14 at this point might be regarded as low level wins . Plus , already have 10 BE losses with UCOnn and Creighton still to play . 12 BE losses , no NCAA, No Nit , no nothing . Just my view .

NC Johnnie , not Weasley but , 11 wins against Frick and Frack , in OOC schedule , excluding Syracuse and now , 2 over DePaul, 1 over G’Town, 1 over Butler . But , 2 good wins over UCONN and PC. So far that is 14 wins vs the 19 you have projected gets him retained? And , the 14 at this point might be regarded as low level wins . Plus , already have 10 BE losses with UCOnn and Creighton still to play . 12 BE losses , no NCAA, No Nit , no nothing . Just my view .
Sly, when I said 19 wins I meant in the regular season which would require two more good wins (against two of Marquette, UCONN & Creighton) and an almost certain NIT bid with 19-12 regular season record and 4 very good wins and a 9-11 Big East record. Realize I wasn't clear on that point.

At Marquette going to be a very tough one too.

From my season prediction earlier this year and got jeered -

Nov 10, 2022 - 18-16. NIT Birth. Board calls for CMA job. Paultzman takes the reins.

Call me Nostradamus.

Also I had the G-Men going 11-6 before season they went 9-7-1.

Paultzman get those recruiting jogging suits on the ready!

From my season prediction earlier this year and got jeered -

Nov 10, 2022 - 18-16. NIT Birth. Board calls for CMA job. Paultzman takes the reins.

Call me Nostradamus.

Also I had the G-Men going 11-6 before season they went 9-7-1.

Paultzman get those recruiting jogging suits on the ready!
did you get jeered? No one in that thread even disagreed with you directly lol

Getting to the point in life where I don't believe I'll see SJU good enough to advance anywhere past the first week in the Dance, regardless who is the coach. Getting an invite is the most optimistic I can be.
That’s more optimistic than me right now. If you are retiring you would make a great life counselor

Getting to the point in life where I don't believe I'll see SJU good enough to advance anywhere past the first week in the Dance, regardless who is the coach. Getting an invite is the most optimistic I can be.

I am starting to feel that way myself but I’m giving the brain trust one more chance to get it right, then I’m done.

Sly, when I said 19 wins I meant in the regular season which would require two more good wins (against two of Marquette, UCONN & Creighton) and an almost certain NIT bid with 19-12 regular season record and 4 very good wins and a 9-11 Big East record. Realize I wasn't clear on that point.
Ok , thank you . 2 Wins from Creighton , UCOnn, Marquette could be a long stretch but , it could very easily be 13 BE losses . You think the cupcake 11-1 OOC start disguises the poor BE record ? The BE always has teams winning unbelievable games . For example , how did DePaul ever beat Xavier ? Or , us beating PC and UCONN only to lose twice to Seton Hall and once to Butler . Twice to Nova .

Keep the faith! The administration is willing to put lousy seat backs in Alumni they are willing to shell out the big bucks to get a headliner coach!

It's why they left the lower seats with no seat backs because they expect the arena to be packed and can't lose any of that Alumni Cash!

....Seat Backs...

So much will depend on Anderson’s ability to land a good-paying job at another program after this season. If that were the case, he and SJU could negotiate a go-away deal that would cost SJU far less in buyout money. In fact, you could make the argument that the stronger SJU closes out this season, the more likely it is that CMA gets a good gig elsewhere and leaves.

So much will depend on Anderson’s ability to land a good-paying job at another program after this season. If that were the case, he and SJU could negotiate a go-away deal that would cost SJU far less in buyout money. In fact, you could make the argument that the stronger SJU closes out this season, the more likely it is that CMA gets a good gig elsewhere and leaves.
Anything is possible, but I think it’s unlikely Anderson gets another D1 head coaching job after this.

This is for sure his last high major job. But I could easily see him at an HBCU if a job opened if he wasn't ready to sail off into retirement. The X's and O's were certainly lacking here, but I think he still comes off as a strong presence and a shaper of men at the beginning of his tenure somewhere. If nothing else, he has proven he can get guys into fantastic shape conditioning wise.

Anderson now 5-21 against Big East teams other then Bottom Feeders Georgetown, Butler and DePaul and no post season tournaments. He and coaching staff have done a miserable job of making the program competitive. Time to part ways, the day after seasons end.

Back