Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Certainly at least since he arrived at SJU the schedule maker is more responsible for his winning streak than his coaching.
Can’t make that argument year 1 when we had to beat Zona and wvu in order for streak to continue.

Random point.

On Twitter, over the past few weeks, I noticed Ron Linfonte doesn't hesitate to re-tweet some pretty negative posts about the program and coaching staff. I also remember the timing of his announcement to retire was surprising (at least to me) as it was shortly before the start of the 2020 season.

Perhaps there is no love lost there.

There is good reason for that of which those on the inside are aware that the “good guy” image that many perceive of Anderson is greatly exaggerated. .

It’s really a simple concept when it comes to retaining Mike Anderson.

1. Has progress been made over these four years?

2. Are there enough quality wins?

3. Has the teams status been raised in the conference?

4. Does the future look any better.

If you answered yes to any of the above, you are either in denial or you are a UConn fan. The sooner coach Anderson is terminated the better.

The people who are talking up the fact that the "non losing season" streak is now safe because of last night's win are really inadvertently insulting him.

So the argument is that if they lose out and lose in the first round of BET the worst they can finish is 16-16. That is true.

Of course that assumes they don't play anymore games. Meaning they don't qualify for the NIT or NCAA because they are not good enough. So he preserves that stupid stat because the team is not good enough to qualify for a post-season tourney? I don't think that is the argument that people defending Anderson want to make out loud.
I was advertently insulting the streak

It’s really a simple concept when it comes to retaining Mike Anderson.

1. Has progress been made over these four years?

2. Are there enough quality wins?

3. Has the teams status been raised in the conference?

4. Does the future look any better.

If you answered yes to any of the above, you are either in denial or you are a UConn fan. The sooner coach Anderson is terminated the better.
Johnny Rapper I do not know who you are but I got your back in any bar fight even if you started it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Question is are we able to trade up after firing CMA. I would rather have CMA or even Iron Sheik coaching than Ewing or the Depaul coach.

Barring a huge incident in the next few weeks, I can't see SJU parting ways with CMA at the end of the season. The buyout is too steep and even though we (fans) view the season as a complete failure, I have a feeling the admin sees it differently. I'd love to be wrong.

Barring a huge incident in the next few weeks, I can't see SJU parting ways with CMA at the end of the season. The buyout is too steep and even though we (fans) view the season as a complete failure, I have a feeling the admin sees it differently. I'd love to be wrong.

But we don't even know what the buyout is. Can't assume it's the entire remainder of his salary.

On hiring Pitino, assuming he's even interested, last time I checked SJU is still a Catholic University and holds the teachings of Jesus as central to its core belief system. It was Jesus who said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." It may be presumptuous, but I don't think Jesus would have a problem with hiring Pitino. The larger question in my view is whether Pitino, who I played against in high school, still has what it takes to win against top tier teams. At my and Rick's age, it's commonplace to lose a step or two off your game.

That’s the fear of most actual fans of the program. The reality is that things won’t get better with Anderson next year or the year after. Barring a miracle, Anderson has not made one post season tournament in his 4 years here, which is what the success of a program or lack there of is measured. His teams defense stats have been horrendous usually finishing around last in the Big East and over 300 nationally among D1 teams.

Aside from his second year here (which was a crazy COVID year with many cancellations) his teams have consistently underperformed and as many have pointed out, he does not take recommendations from his assistants.

Based on this, should he be retained, the Admins message to the fans and followers if the program will be that they don’t give a crap and mediocrity is acceptable. Even as an alumni, I for one as I know many others, will no longer follow the program and be subjected to this garbage.

Based on this, should he be retained, the Admins message to the fans and followers if the program will be that they don’t give a crap and mediocrity is acceptable. Even as an alumni, I for one as I know many others, will no longer follow the program and be subjected to this garbage.
Are you saying that if CMA is retained, you won't post anymore? Unbelievable. Besides, without your anger at the administration to sustain you, you would lose the fire in your belly.

That’s the fear of most actual fans of the program. The reality is that things won’t get better with Anderson next year or the year after. Barring a miracle, Anderson has not made one post season tournament in his 4 years here, which is what the success of a program or lack there of is measured. His teams defense stats have been horrendous usually finishing around last in the Big East and over 300 nationally among D1 teams.

Aside from his second year here (which was a crazy COVID year with many cancellations) his teams have consistently underperformed and as many have pointed out, he does not take recommendations from his assistants.

One mans garbage is SJUs gold!

If that’s the case I really hope CMA is back next year 😂
Please go on a big run the rest of the way in the regular season and BE tournament,
Please go on a big run the rest of the way in the regular season and BE tournament,
Please go on a big run the rest of the way in the regular season and BE tournament......

Are you saying that if CMA is retained, you won't post anymore? Unbelievable. Besides, without your anger at the administration to sustain you, you would lose the fire in your belly.

Yup, if he is retained, I won’t waste my time with a program that accepts failure and yes that would include posting here which I’m sure will make those who settle for mediocrity very happy.

But as long as there are fans that will accept this crap and continue to support it no matter what, the program will maintain its doormat status.

I and the rest of us have given this school/program too many years of support and all we have gotten is bad hires, dumb mistakes and more concern with political/cultural correctness then a winning program.

I’m still holding on to the hope that things will change, Anderson is let go and a new hire is made but Im not counting on it. .

Yup, if he is retained, I won’t waste my time with a program that accepts failure and yes that would include posting here which I’m sure will make those who settle for mediocrity very happy.

But as long as there are fans that will accept this crap and continue to support it no matter what, the program will maintain its doormat status.

I and the rest of us have given this school/program too many years of support and all we have gotten is bad hires, dumb mistakes and more concern with political/cultural correctness then a winning program.

I’m still holding on to the hope that things will change, Anderson is let go and a new hire is made but Im not counting on it. .
Just let me know how much money you planned on donating to this site so I can cover that for you next year, in your absence 😂

if you came back after Norm you will be back again. Johnny Covid Rapper :)

Back