Mike Anderson - Former Coach

I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying. No doubt there are plenty of legit reasons to not hire Pitino, but there are also plenty of legit reasons to hire him, especially if the school gives a damn about the long suffering fan base.
It does suck. Most fans, including me, would be all in bringing Pitino in to coach. But I also do understand why he will never be brought in and why some are against it.

If they can force Joe Lapchick out what did Linfonte expect?
Kidding aside, when you think about the length of his tenure and the service he provided, I've thought SJU could have publicly acknowledged him more on the way out. He was able to make it work with a number of different coaching personalities. Clearly there must have been some "stuff" at the end.

I have avoided the Pitino discussion / debate for a host of reasons. 1 being we have a coach who despite his coaching shortcomings is a good man who continues to work a lot harder than his 2 predecessors and deserves respect. Number 2 my opinion is solely my opinion and I like everyone else on this board with the exception of 1 outstanding individual will have zero influence with the decision. Number 3 we all k ow from past history that the school will do everything g to avoid a public scandal. They did their best to avoid it with Father Harrington, Celia Chang and with Slice. So I am fully aware that we are a Catholic University that strives to uphold higher values which I fully respect.
Having said that I ask myself which potential coach out there excites me the most. Which potential coach would I pay $500 to hear speak or golf with or have spaghetti dinner with in the company of 999 others , unfortunately there is only 1 such name and it is Rick Pitino.
Spot on RMN. At the end of the day, the potential benefits of hiring Pitino far outweigh the potential pitfalls. And not just for the basketball program, but for the entire school.

Pitino would be a phenomenal hire, but it's not happening. Anderson will be the coach next year. They simply aren't going to shell out millions of dollars of buyout money just to get a mid-major replacement who may, or may not, have more success than CMA. Shanley signed off on Anderson's extension. Imagine how that conversation with the board of trustees would go. "Less than 2 years ago, I approved a 6-year extension of Anderson's contract, but he's not the guy I thought he was. I now need $10 million to make him go away. Thanks guys."

It's not happening.

Pitino would be a phenomenal hire, but it's not happening. Anderson will be the coach next year. They simply aren't going to shell out millions of dollars of buyout money just to get a mid-major replacement who may, or may not, have more success than CMA. Shanley signed off on Anderson's extension. Imagine how that conversation with the board of trustees would go. "Less than 2 years ago, I approved a 6-year extension of Anderson's contract, but he's not the guy I thought he was. I now need $10 million to make him go away. Thanks guys."

It's not happening.
Gotta give you credit... No one believes this more than you! as your dozens of posts repeating same makes that quite obvious.

Fair enough. I just see so much delusion on this board, I'm trying to help prevent the inevitable mental/emotional breakdowns that will ensue when (1) Anderson stays and (2) Pitino goes to Georgetown.
I appreciate your concern, but maybe you ought to worry about your mental health, not that of a bunch of strangers on a message board

It's not happening.
I now can see Pitino not getting hired. Coach K was up here for a reason yesterday. Now I think we are getting K

I now can see Pitino not getting hired. Coach K was up here for a reason yesterday. Now I think we are getting K
Coach K was here to plead CMA’s case to Cragg and Shanley. That’s what I think and that worries me more than anything because they’ll probably listen to him.

Random point.

On Twitter, over the past few weeks, I noticed Ron Linfonte doesn't hesitate to re-tweet some pretty negative posts about the program and coaching staff. I also remember the timing of his announcement to retire was surprising (at least to me) as it was shortly before the start of the 2020 season.

Perhaps there is no love lost there.
Lol funny enough Ron Linfonte for some reason has me blocked on Twitter? I’ve never had an interaction with him in my life that I can remember. Randomly saw it the other day when someone posted a picture of a tweet he had. But yeah I would like to hear his perspective
I'm also blocked by him on twitter for some reason as well. I've literally never spoken to him or had any interaction with him besides last year at a golf tournament he asked me to say hello to a caddy friend of his...

if Imrecall correctly Ron’s son on Chris Casey’s Niagara University staff.

Back