Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Hi everyone,
I have been reading this site for the past 20 years, and very rarely do I post if ever. But well I think it's the time! For starters, I admit that hiring Mike Anderson was a great catch by us. Winning streak, NCAA runs, being a coach at Arizona. So I truly believed we were getting the BMW of coaches. 4 years in I have realized that BMW is an old Hyundai with a shaky engine. The Anderson being a good guy, well looking at the lawsuit by one of our former coaches speaks otherwise. Well good guy or not, can he win? The answer is NO. He can beat high school teams and get lucky every and now and then (which speaks more of the players and coach). Mullin knew he didn't coach but luckily he was smart enough to allow his assistant to run the huddles and games. I think it's time for Anderson to go. Is Petino the answer? If he comes with an assistant or even Macon and let him be his apprentice. Honestly, If i were craig I would take a look at Speedy Claxton. The last Hofstra coach that came off of winning seasons and left, well-tuned Villanova (a once weak team 25 years ago) into a powerhouse. I would vote speedy. In 25 years of watching this team, I'm at a loss for words. Fraschilla was entertaining, Norm at least tried and knew he was over his head, Lavin was fun (until the university turned on him, Mullin was well Greg st jean was well the real head coach. Anderson's win streak is meaningless when you play high school teams. The in-game strategy there is NONE. Beating the Depaul which takes 2 overtime and getting lucky with a 3-point shot to get it is embarrassing. Anderson might have the look of a coach, but doesn't talk like one or walk like one. Time to put this old Hyundai in the recycling yard. (which in theory is where we got him to start with

Pride Goeth Before DePaul

wedding crashers comedy GIF

Fun that is. Hopefully not Anderson.

Just let me know how much money you planned on donating to this site so I can cover that for you next year, in your absence 😂

Have you considered stand up comedy? If so, you can use the money you make to donate to the site although I doubt this site takes donations less then $2. 😂👍

Pride Goeth Before DePaul
cu
Hmmm ok let' say the plan crashed in a snow capped mountain range somewhere on a game charter. Assuming everyone survives impact who actually survives if you are stuck on the mountain for weeks ? My money is on Keita. Nobody is eating him but Cubelo is so crazy he might out survive everyone but Stanley is so forgotten on the bench the team might not know him enough to eat him

if you came back after Norm you will be back again. Johnny Covid Rapper :)

Those were some tough days but back then I at least had some hair and it wasn’t gray. Now the little hair I have is gray, thanks to the fortunes of our illustrious basketball program and my kids as well. I just don’t have the patience anymore for this garbage and at least hope the school will try to get it right. Where’s PJ Carlisemo when you need him? 😂😂😂👍👍👍

Have you considered stand up comedy? If so, you can use the money you make to donate to the site although I doubt this site takes donations less then $2. 😂👍
Hey Rapper …. apparently $2 is more than you have donated to this site you repetitively post on.

Hmmm ok let' say the plan crashed in a snow capped mountain range somewhere on a game charter. Assuming everyone survives impact who actually survives if you are stuck on the mountain for weeks ? My money is on Keita. Nobody is eating him but Cubelo is so crazy he might out survive everyone but Stanley is so forgotten on the bench the team might not know him enough to eat him
Nah, Curbelo's gonna bring his private stash of popcorn. He'll be carbo loading.

If there's even a sliver of a doubt of whether it's time to move on, I say the school gives him another year. I've said all along that we would have had to have had a disastrous season for Cragg/Shanley to make a change. A 7th place +/- finish in the Big East, and an NIT Bid(assuming) is not a "disastrous" season in their minds. We'll see.
Agree 100% which is why last night i said on the DePaul thread:
"6-10, a win vs. Creighton on Saturday and ummmmmm"

I'd be getting nervous, then a very winnable @ G-Town would put us at 8-10.

Can't have any reason for them to bring him back.

Only way that I'd be ok with CMA back (notice, I typed that I'd be okay with, not happy) is if we ran the B.E. then do something that hasn't been done since Barkey's last season. Win a freaking NCAA Tournament game.

There's just one thing though, there won't be no Georgetown miracle run for SJU this year.

Last edited:
If you watch the top half teams in BE play each other it has been tremendous. Mike Anderson was hired to bring SJU to that level. After 4 years the fact is SJU is no closer to that level then when he started in fact you can argue they are maybe slightly worse.

If you think that he deserves more time or we need to temper our expectations, OK. But I am going to respectfully disagree. SJU should be a top half BE program year in and year out.

Last edited:
Whew! Watching college hoop games on ESPN tonight when I saw the crawl at the bottom of the screen say Mikey Anderson signs 8 year contract extension. Well at first blush my mind of course though they were referring to Mike Anderson but it was a hockey player with the Kings. For a moment there I thought that Mike Cragg had struck again.

If you watch the top half teams in BE play each other it has been tremendous. Mike Anderson was hired to bring SJU to that level. After 4 years the fact is SJU is no closer to that level then when he started in fact you can argue they are maybe slightly worse.

If you think that he deserves more time or we need to temper our expectations, OK. But I am going to respectfully disagree. SJU should be a top half BE program year in and year out.
Maybe it's b/c I went to Fordham, but I always agree with you. LOL. How about them Rams.

Getting to the point in life where I don't believe I'll see SJU good enough to advance anywhere past the first week in the Dance, regardless who is the coach. Getting an invite is the most optimistic I can be.

Back